Search Unity

Unity 5.3 No IOS module loaded.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by GeekSI, Dec 10, 2015.

1. GeekSI

GeekSI

I updated Unity to 5.3.0f4 and when I went to build the latest version of my game it won't let me due to the fact that it can't find any modules. Can somebody please help me solve this problem? I'm trying to release my game sometimes within this month.
    2015-12-10.png 2015-12-10 (1).png

2. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Moving to Support.

We've separated out the build options, standard assets, documentation & example projects to make the download and installer more slimline as well as help you cut out options you don't want.

Now when you download the editor, inside the Download Assistant, you can choose which modules you'd like to install.

You can run the Download Assistant again if you still have it, or download it again and uncheck everything apart from the modules you need.

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 12.31.23.png

NandoDias02 likes this.
  3. janlucvd

janlucvd

Is there a way to download modules after you've already opened the project?

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Close Unity and run the installer?

5. pixxelbob

pixxelbob

@aurora unfortunately doing what you said doesn't work on 5.3.4f1 on OSX
    I re-ran the assistant, deselected everything apart from iOS Build Support and it spends ages downloading the 4.2GB then errors.
    I've tried a few times and the same result.

I get the following error on OSX:
    An error occurred while running scripts from the package “UnitySetup-iOS-Support-for-Editor-5.3.4f1.pkg”

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  6. SyedUmair

SyedUmair

@Aurore how can I download iOS and Android modules separately for Unity 5.3.4 without using Download Assistant or you can guide me to the directory path where Download Assistant saves the downloaded packages for Mac OSX.

Thanks,

7. Wolfus90

Wolfus90

I have the same problem. I'm new at programming and the first tutorial to learn asks me to do this. I'd like to get the module for IOS development. Hope a solution comes out soon.

8. mimoAli1

mimoAli1

mine was working i closed unity and then opened it and the message appeared again no
    module loaded. plz help

krisventure likes this.
  9. JohnnyKapahala

JohnnyKapahala

This works but as soon as you close the application, you're back to square one...

krisventure likes this.
  10. krisventure

krisventure

I had the same problem but it turned out I had 2 Unity installed as I'd renamed my older Unity folder so it wasn't overwritten by the new install. First the download assistant automatically launched the new installation with the iOS module included so it worked fine. But when I closed Unity I just opened it next time, by habit, from the Dock where it was still the older Unity version's launcher. So that's why upon restart I had no iOS module loaded.

I think many people having this problem may have similar situation because when we want to have multiple Unity versions installed on the same Mac (running different projects and not all can be easily updated to new Unity version), we have to rename the old Unity versions in order to avoid it being overwritten by the new Unity installation. Then if we want to add new modules to these renamed Unity versions later on, it won't work because the Unity Download Assistant will only add it to the Unity app in the Unity folder, not in the renamed folders.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    luma2057 likes this.