Search Unity

Unity 5.3.1f1 - Particle system errors - Invalid AABB result / IsFinite(d)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by gonzorob, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhunterd

bhunterd

I had same error when had generated mesh, when I devided the points position into array index in some cases it was devided by zero so It was a reason of this error. I just had changed inside "for" loop :

points [x, z] = new Vector3 (
    xSum/(x),
    ySum,
    zSum/(z)
    );
    to
    points [x, z] = new Vector3 (
    xSum/(x+1),
    ySum,
    zSum/(z+1)
    );

2. Livealot

Livealot

For others finding this thread looking for new causes of AABB failure with particle systems

I just upgraded to the latest 2017.2 and starting seeing those console errors where I didn't before the upgrade

I had code that manually emitted particles AND changed the emitParams. Additionally, my code had references to the older ps.startsize instead of the newer ps.main.startsize.

So look for references to obsolete particle system components.

Also, make sure to not send any zero values in the emitparams. I avoided this myself by using the new startsizemultiplier variable.

novastrangers and HakJak like this.
  3. UltraGameMob

UltraGameMob

Bro i'm getting this error 2 years after you posted the question .. have you solve it ?? i'm really stuck with it

4. sephytreebeard

sephytreebeard

Hello, i was able to solve this error in by deleting the object and trying again, no change in procedure, good luck

MikeGameDev likes this.
  5. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

I'm also encountering this error. I'm using 2018.2.11f1. The problem seems to be when I use .Emit(1) on a particle system AND Velocity over Lifetime is enabled.

If I disable Velocity over Lifetime, the problem does not happen.

6. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

I tried this, to no avail.

7. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

The AABB error can be caused by many things.
    If you are able to reproduce this error, then please file a bug report so we can investigate.

HeyBishop and richardkettlewell like this.
  8. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

I did!
    Fortunately, I can set this issue aside for now, and continue developing my game in other areas until this (hopefully) gets resolved.

9. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Do you know the bug number?

10. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

No, how do I determine that?
    After submitting, I expected to get an email confirming my submission - but I did not. Could that mean the submission didn't go through?

11. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

You should have received a confirmation email. Check your spam folder.
    If you can't find it then try submitting the bug again.

HeyBishop likes this.
  12. esco1979

esco1979

I just had this same error! I have implemented a pause system in my game. If I pause on the EXACT frame particles should be spawned, the system shows they exist under the particle effect box. But I cannot see them visually. The particles systems are all paused by simply setting the simulation speed to 0 in their main modules. I then get that infamous AABB error when I unpause which sets the simulation speeds back to 1.

I can also confirm that setting the simulation space to local instead of world did NOTHING! I can also confirm that it happens with ALL the particle systems in game when I tried it that were using Emit or doing it automatically via running the emission module. Either way, didn't seem to matter. I had a variety of different settings on all of these particles too, with almost nothing in common.

I disabled all objects in my room except for the camera (all extra scripts disabled on it), player, an enemy, and the particles. In case something else was related to it. The issue still occurs always.

After more investigating, I found that it definitely is caused by pausing the particle system, and then attempting to emit particles AFTERWARDS! Hopefully this info helps some one else out there with similar issues.

13. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

Please submit a bug report if you’d like it fixing.

14. esco1979

esco1979

For what purpose? I just told you EXACTLY what the cause was. And you can easily replicate it yourself and see it in an empty project (Create a part system; use the pause command on it via code, then the command to emit, then unpause it next frame). Version used: 2021.1.28f1

Are you not getting the same error when you do so?

15. Mauri

Mauri

A bug report helps the Unity devs to keep track of it. richardkettlewell may not even be responsible for this Editor area (Particles). All you did so far was writing a post about an issue, in a thread that may not be closely monitored by staff anymore (last post before yours was from 2018, for instance). Thus, the chance of your issue getting fixed anytime soon is pretty slim.

Its always better to make a bug report, no matter if you supposedly know the cause.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  16. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

In addition to what Mauri said, which is 100% correct, it allows you to be notified of fixes. It allows QA to verify the problem is as you describe. And for them to send the issue to the appropriate team. Or tell you if it’s already a known issue in our bug database.

We have to organise our bugs somewhere, and tracking them all scattered across forum posts doesn’t work. That’s why we use software designed for bug tracking, not the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.