Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5.2 Mecanim Transitions not working the same as 5.1

Discussion in 'Animation' started by David-Flook, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Gizmoi

Gizmoi

I had the issue with objects flickering on the first frame of their animation due to them being left into the default state. This issue was fixed in 5.3.

2. Tethys

Tethys

I am not sure if our problem is related to this bug or another. We updated from Unity 5.1.2 to 5.3 two days ago and use Mecanim for our characters. Now when characters spawn into the world their legs are all wonky and folded up underneath the body. Animation does not work correctly (using blend tree for our idle, walk and run animations). We can run around but our pelvis's are on the ground and there is almost no animation to the top half of the body.

3. CrClaire

CrClaire

Hello

We encountered a similar issue, with some of our transition having jumps (with the rotations, it seems).

We are on Unity 5.2.0f3 and can not update the engine for now (deadline close and too many issues with the 5.3 to take the time to adapt for now)

I have found a solution that does not really make sense to me, but is quite simple :
    set the animation that have the jumps to loop mode. Even if we do not need them to loop (hit animation for exemple). And the concerned transitions now works fine.
    I supposed that it could be from the animation itself (last frame without rotation key for exemple) but everything is fine on that side (every transform has key)

I am perplexe, but it is fine now for us. I hope it might help.

4. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

but is solved already but thanks

5. ksam2

ksam2

I have a problem guys! please help if you can. My animations looks good in transition preview windows but in the runtime the changes I've done in transition windows not applied and it isn't looks the same as transition windows!
    Is this a bug?

I'm using Unity 5.3.2f1

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  6. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

Unity Technologies

there is no way for us to tell you if it work or not without any repro step or project.
    If you think there is something wrong, please log a new bug with some repro step and a good project that expose the bug.

7. ksam2

ksam2

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  8. VES_Unity

VES_Unity

Mecanim... We need someone to polish our animations. We are building virtual patients and need them to move correctly. If you are competent working with Mechanim please give me a shout. Rob robertmoore@virtualedsystems.com

unityunity