Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5.2.0p1 iOS Launch Image - Wrong Size

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Deleted User, Sep 22, 2015.

1. akasurreal

akasurreal

Testing with Unity 5.2.3f1, still issues as others mentioned. I am using 'none' for Launch Screen settings.

iPhone6s Plus - Launches with correct image, then quickly changes to wrong image
    iPod Touch 6gen - Same as above

Changing Line 110 of SplashScreen.mm (image = nil) fixes both issues.

2. povilas

povilas

Unity Technologies

The issue with incorrect images for second-stage splash screen will be fixed in Unity 5.2.3p3.

Meltdown likes this.
  3. akasurreal

akasurreal

So I am having another issue where it still shows my old launch image if I upgrade over an older version. With the hack above, the second stage shows the correct one, but the starting one is wrong. Anything we can do about that? They are all in the correct spots in Xcode 7.1.1. Unity 5.2.3f1.

Edit: So the only way I can fix this is by switching Launch screen type to Image & Background (relative size). My issue here is that now the image can't be full screen on all devices due to using one image aspect ratio. Is there a 'proper' way to do this?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  4. akasurreal

akasurreal

So this got even more confusing. Even using the other launch screen type that I mentioned in last post, is still showing the old 1st stage image on some iOS9 devices, or just a black screen. Is this Unity or Xcode or iOS9 bug causing this issue?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  5. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

iOS caches launch images. To test it properly you need to remove app from device, reboot it and re-install the app.
    This should be enough to trigger cache deletion.

ojelibalon likes this.
  6. tiz777

tiz777

Hi @povilas!
    What public version does Unity 5.2.3p3 correspond? (I'm using Unity 5.2.3.f1)

Furthermore, is the following related issue the same you mentioned?
    Setting: iPhone+iPad Launch Screen set to "None"
    building on an iPad 2 - iOS 8.1 it shows the correct splashscreen first, then the second one do shows the "Mobile Splash Screen" (streched and downscaled).
    If no image is set to "Mobile Splash Screen", a semi transaprent "blue" screen is shown.

(But there is no issue building on iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2)

Removing app + reboot device as @Mantas Puida succested, will not resolve.

Thanks in advance!

7. PixoChu

PixoChu

We're experiencing the same issue on Unity 5.3.0f4. Xcode 711(Stretching of second stage splash screen)
    Unity Player Settings:
    Show Unity Splash Screen = off
    iPhone Launch Screen = none
    iPad Launch Screen = none

We've attempted the remove app + reboot device as well and it does not seems to help.

It may be helpful to note, prior to upgrading to 5.3.0f4, we were on 5.0.4 with xcode 711 and the splash screens were fine.
    There doesn't seem to be any patch releases either. Is there anything else we should try? Thanks in advance.

8. PixoChu

PixoChu

@Mantas Puida

I did a diff between SplashScreen.mm (5.0.4) and the new SplashScreen.mm (5.3.0f4). I modified the line in updateOrientation method which checks ios80orNewer || image == nil to also account for !_usesLaunchscreen and my stretch second stage splash went away.

In the 5.0.4 SplashScreen.mm, it always process the lookup of a splash image and constructed the file name. Could this be the issue? I think this is the same fix that someone else above may have mentioned.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  9. povilas

povilas

Unity Technologies

Unity 5.2.4.

10. povilas

povilas

Unity Technologies

The fix for this issue will land in 5.3.0p1.

11. tiz777

tiz777

I confirm that the second splashscreen stretching problem is disappeared in v5.2.4f1.

Thank you Unity guys for this fix!

12. lmbarns

lmbarns

I'm having the issue with the wrong splash screen showing then the correct one showing after a few seconds on ios9 devices only (iphone 5), while I don't have the problem on my ios8 devices.

I tried setting to "None" but then unity won't even build the project, throwing this error:
    Im using unity 4.6.9f1...and have to use 4x for this project for the meantime....

DerekLerner likes this.
  13. gecko

gecko

I am still having this problem -- with the Mobile splash image used on all devices, when Splash Screen is set to Default. I'm using in 5.3.1. Is there anything I can do for it?

14. Haerius

Haerius

I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 9. When I launch my application, I get the black screen but no unity splash-screen. Also I noticed some texture bugs in my application. I fixed them by changing the texture size to 512 (power of 2). Now since the default Unity splash screen image is not square, could that be the problem? (PS: The application works fine on my friends device iPhone 5S)

15. grimmy

grimmy

I still have iOS splashscreen rotation issues using 5.3.3f1. You can see more detail here. :(

16. Claytonious

Claytonious

Thanks yakandco - you saved us a real headache!

DerekLerner likes this.
  17. DerekLerner

DerekLerner

Build fails using Unity 5.6.1p1 setting iPhone and iPad Launch screens to None. Gives the following error...

Deleted entire build made sure Launch screens are set to None and Unity was able to execute the build without error.

Testing on iPhone 6s Plus running iOS11 beta 2, the default Unity solid color dark blue Launch screen still appears before the splash starts. I'm not sure why? Seems to be using Legacy Launch Images even though all are set to None.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017