Search Unity

Unity 5.2.0f3 Unity Ads on unsupported platforms error

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Victor_Kallai, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Victor_Kallai

Victor_Kallai

I've just made an empty project, I've set it to standalone platform, I've set the services to enable Unity Ads and I press play in edit mode and I got this error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Error: Trying to get gameId of unsupported platform Win.
    2. UnityEditor.Advertisements.UnityAdsEditor:EditorOnLoad()
    3. UnityAdsEditor: Initialize(Invalid Game Id, True);
    4. UnityEditor.Advertisements.UnityAdsEditor:EditorOnLoad()
    5. UnityAdsEditor: Server returned error message: No numeric game id set, cannot send response
    6. UnityEngine.Advertisements.<GetAdPlan>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
    7. UnityAdsEditor: Failed to fetch campaigns.
    8. UnityEngine.Advertisements.<GetAdPlan>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()

When I was able to initialize Unity ads though code, I was able to write some Platform dependent directives and disable it automatically.

2. OriginalCoder

OriginalCoder

I'm seeing this too, would be nice for these errors to be handled cleanly internally.

3. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Yes, we do have an internal bug report for this and expect to fix it for a patch release soon. But shouldn't affect ability to build games for platforms where Ads isn't supported.

/Rasmus

4. atmuc

atmuc

i use 5.2.1p1 with Android Platform and get the same error. what is the solution?

5. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

If you get this error on Android, it might simply be that the game is not ready on the back-end yet. Should however not take longer thank ~5 mins to make sure game information has been created and synced.

@atmuc, are you still getting this error?

-Rasmus

6. atmuc

atmuc

i noticed that i entered wrong info for game id. after i entered correct id it worked.

rasmus-unity likes this.
  7. marcostulio

marcostulio

If someone has not been able to solve the problem, compile to android or iOS that will solve in Unity's title bar has to be appearing android or iOS
    Sorry for the English used the google translator.

rasmus-unity likes this.
  8. mahewitt

mahewitt

Any chance we can expect a fix for this soon I see it is still a problem in latest 5.2.2p2?

Trying to convert an Android / iOS game to multiplayer where the easiest option for testing is to run a standalone windows build. It is quite frustrating having the editor pause every time I start the scene due to these errors (should perhaps be a warning instead).

9. jannen

jannen

Unity Technologies

Hello,

This issue will be fixed in Unity 5.3 beta 6.

mahewitt likes this.