Search Unity

Unity 5.1.1p4 (p3 too) Substance Designer .sbsar Texture Size limited to 512x512

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by panFX, Jul 11, 2015.

1. panFX

panFX

Hi there,

can anyone reproduce this? Since Unity 5.1.1p3 every .sbsar material is fixed to 512x512. The same files where working in 5.1.1p2 (up to 2048x2048) and where not published with a fixed resolution out of Substance Designer. In the Inspector it says: "This ProceduralMaterial was published with a fixed size.". I need to get an app ready next week and now this. I already reported that issue...

:´(

2. RandyP

RandyP

Hey panFX I am using Unity version 5.1.2.f1 and I am having the same exact problem with my .sbsar files. Even though they are configured to by a dynamic resolution with default of 2048x2028 they are coming in 512x512 and the same message occurs for me ("This ProceduralMaterial was published with a fixed size.").

3. DennisVH

DennisVH

In substance designer, select the graph.
    Next to "Output Size" at the top of the base parameters there's default a red square that says "Absolute value".
    Change that to "Relative to parent".
    Repeat it with all graphs inside your package.
    Publish and the message in unity will be gone and the resolution can be changed again.

4. RandyP

RandyP

For the sake of completeness, I changed the graph root to "Relative to Parent" and this solved the issue. Thanks for the quick reply and solution DennisVH.