Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5.0b Simple-To-Fix bugs

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by shkar-noori, Nov 7, 2014.

1. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

I've been using the 5.0 beta for quite sometime, and I really liked it, and I've reported some bugs with reproducible test-projects, the bugs were scaled from hard-to-fix and simple-to-fix bugs according to my knowledge, here are some bug reports that I think that may be easy to fix, these bugs always happen, feel free to write the bugs you've encountered most:

1. The x32 ShaderCompiler [644520]:
      It happens when you have Unity x32 on an x32 windows, instead of running the x32 version of the ShaderCompiler.exe, it runs the x64 exe, which obviously causes an error
      Why it's not fixed yet?
      maybe the x32 ShaderCompiler is not working correctly.

2. Plugin Inspector doesn't draw properly [645928]:
      when selecting a DLL, the new plugin inspector shows some data about the assembly, if you resize the inspector to it's minimum width, the Information panel doen't resize with the inspector, instead it creates a scroll View.

3. The Profiler doesn't draw properly [645176]:
      if choose to hide the warning count column [ProfilerColumn.WarningCount], the Profiler's text won't align correctly.
      Correct behavior [ProfilerColumn.WarningCount IS checked]

Incorrect behavior [
      ProfilerColumn.WarningCount IS NOT checked]

4. Custom editor windows won't draw properly [646076]:
      This has been really annoying for me, and may require some amount of work on the developer's side, cause it only happens in the 5.0beta [it works perfectly in 4.5.5+ and 4.6beta], if you have a custom editor window, and dock it around, then save the layout with your custom editor in it, after that, load another layout, then switch back to the layout you saved before, notice the custom editor window is not drawn properly

BTW, The Unity x34 version never crashed in my hands, and the x64 version only crashed a couple of time or so when updating my projects.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    Sel, carking1996 and MrEsquire like this.