Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5.0 - Water Pro

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by sama-van, Feb 16, 2015.

1. sama-van

sama-van

The original shader Water Pro from Unity 4.6.2 doesn't pass the the project conversion.
    No error, but into the editor it looks black (the thing is working, with reflection, etc... but looks super dark and almost black)

Also, wondering if a new version of the Standard Assets/Water (Pro Only) is available on Unity5f1, I do not see any input in the Assets/ImportPackage menu.

Thanks!

2. N1warhead

N1warhead

Its under Environment asset package.

:D

3. protopop

protopop

Try replacing the Fresnel in the material with a brighter texture. It's hacky but helped for me. The water looks really dark to me in Unity 5 but on close inspection it's probably more realistic than the brighter reflections i had in Unity 4, but i do like bright water:)

4. sama-van

sama-van

Ah! Thanks!...

It seems I download Unity 5.0f1 from microsoft Google group and the 1.4Go pacakge doesn't include anything else than the Untiy installer...

Downloaded the Unity Assistant from the official Unity page, and sticked the missing assets...

Also wondering what the water assets is in the middle of many things into the environment package... o_O!

5. jashan

jashan

Yeah, if you take the separate download packages, you need to download and install everything separately (but I believe all the download packages are linked from that download page). Personally, I only use the Download Assistant now ... works quite fine for me.