Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5.0 Release Candidate 2 is available

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Alex-Lian, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Tomza

Tomza

I hope you are right - I'm finishing the Demo project now. But going too fast doesn't seem a good way when software needs more work. My project is over 2GB and when you do something complex with thousands objects and a very complicated logic, you see all what should be improved in Unity 3D. All weak points are visible.

I write all the comments not because I don't like Unity, but because there's a strong pressure on me to make a complex project that will be working without problems. I must overcome difficulties and limits.

2. Roni92

Roni92

Funny thing that Unity4 is version 4.6.2, and they are still fixing bugs in it, so I guess that such complex software will never be completely bug-free, even in version 5.9.

Tomza likes this.
  3. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

4.6.3 :)

shkar-noori likes this.
  4. Tomza

Tomza

Yes, some people asked me why I didn't use 4.6 instead of 5.0. Well, you know that in spite of the stable release of 4.6, there are still many issues in this software. So, taking all into consideration, I chose to use Unity 5.0 to make the project. Why? There are many things I need, first of all. And I won't upgrade my project to 5.0 when is finished because in such a complex project there can be many problems. That's why, I upgraded the project to 5.0 a long ago. It is true it was a horror, but fortunately the project was in the early stage. I lost much time and I was nearly mad, but at least now I'm at ease.

Always, to a good computer programmer, it's important to find the best way to solve a problem.

5. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

It doesn't look like your issue is related to Final Gather; it looks like the UV unwrapping is causing the issue. Can you please try and cut down your scene to a more manageable size (that still reproduces the issue) and submit a bug report?

6. Vibs_appit

Vibs_appit

why isn't a new thread created for RC3? It's been available for quite a few hours now.. Just saying.

7. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

They always behind on updating the site, even latest build is 4.6.3 but still 4.6.2 under announcements.
    I like to wait for the changelogs before any installation

8. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

shkar-noori likes this.
  9. donov

donov

Is this StandardShaderGUI class, a way to override the standard shader inspector ?

10. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Yes