Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5.0 beta 21 available

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by SaraCecilia, Jan 26, 2015.

1. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

adventurefan, Phelioz and Reanimate_L like this.
  2. Tapgames

Tapgames

Testing final gather right now! :) YAY!

3. sqallpl

sqallpl

Is final gather changing anything for realtime GI or is it important only for baked GI ?

Gokcan likes this.
  4. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

Final gather is only relevant for baked GI.

sqallpl likes this.
  5. Elecman

Elecman

Does it work on terrain now without stalling?

avvahnin likes this.
  6. GfK

GfK

7. Jaimi

Jaimi

Doesn't for me

8. Jaimi

Jaimi

Anyone else getting errors in Monodevelop on this version? It's almost unusable, I'm getting this now:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/Applications/Unity/MonoDevelop.app/Contents/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.11/lib/mono/2.0/mscorlib.dll".

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Looking in the folder, it seems like the path is incorrect, should be 2.10.12

I'll post a bug, but if anyone has a workaround that would be nice. :)

edit:

posted the bug, but I worked around it by duplicating the 2.10.12 folder and naming the copy 2.10.11

lsDavo likes this.
  9. yuliyF

yuliyF

trying to build project under WebGL - have an error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception: IL2CPP compile failed.
    2. NativeCompiler.RunProgram (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/NativeCompiler.cs:62)
    3. NativeCompiler.Execute (System.String arguments, System.String compilerPath) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/NativeCompiler.cs:26)
    4. UnityEditor.WebGL.Il2Cpp.EmscriptenCompiler.LinkObjects (IEnumerable`1 sources, System.String outfile)
    5. UnityEditor.WebGL.Il2Cpp.EmscriptenCompiler.MultiThreadedCompile (System.String outfile, IEnumerable`1 sources, IEnumerable`1 includePaths)
    6. UnityEditor.WebGL.Il2Cpp.EmscriptenCompiler.CompileDynamicLibrary (System.String outFile, IEnumerable`1 sources, IEnumerable`1 includePaths, IEnumerable`1 libraries, IEnumerable`1 libraryPaths)
    7. UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder.Run () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:315)
    8. UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils.RunIl2Cpp (System.String stagingAreaData, IIl2CppPlatformProvider platformProvider, System.Action`1 modifyOutputBeforeCompile, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry runtimeClassRegistry) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:225)
    9. UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args)
    10. UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:316)
    11. UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()
    It's problem of IEnumerable - ? Cann't use it?

10. Onsterion

Onsterion

It's working! the clothes now works on build! Great Job Unity team!

11. seattlebluesky

seattlebluesky

On Mac OS X my Beta 21 installation doesn't have this issue. In /Applications/Unity the Mono version is installed as 2.10.12. Perhaps your installation had an issue with failing to copy files? I'd consider manually cleaning out /Applications/Unity/ and re-installing Beta 21.

12. RegularSlinky

RegularSlinky

It does for me :D. So happy. Thanks, Unity.

13. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

:( Kinda disappointed that mixed mode doesn't work... I have character models and they are not casting shadows like they are supposed to, and what is this? I was hoping to see the level albedo, and so forth... is this new? Just when I was getting used to the viewport showing it.

Screenshot 2015-01-26 18.10.24.png

Will mixed mode work in the final version of Unity? It will feel awkward if I have baked shadows but none for the characers, unless I cleverly layer everything and have two lights in the same spot. One set to baked and the other to realtime.

Also, when I set my models to bake shadows, and the lights are set to hard shadows, my shadows are very soft... :( I might be running out space in the lightmap or not enough detail to work with. I can't get the baked shadows I need :(. Also I am getting an error that reads: Lightmapped Renderer has no UV Mesh

14. Per

Per

I'm pretty sure that would be a bug, just report it. There would be no point in including a feature which doesn't do anything after all.

15. seattlebluesky

seattlebluesky

16. Elecman

Elecman

Objects with transparency (SpeedTree) still don't work correctly in b21. It was broken, then it was fixed, now it is broken again (reported with b20, Case 666222).

17. SharkFace

SharkFace

Anyone else getting horrendous frame rates on Oculus DK2 (lib 4.4)? Was working fine for me in beta 20 but can't get it much above 20 fps now - even in a new project with only a plane and a directional light?!

18. Elecman

Elecman

Ok, it doesn't stall, but the black bands are still visible. Case 658123.

19. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Here is another nasty little artifact when reflection probes are rendered with final gather... Screenshot 2015-01-26 21.01.15.png

And I am also getting these errors...

Failed executing external process for 'Bake Indirect' job. Exit code: '-1073741819'.

'Bake Indirect' job failed with error code: 4294967295 ('Unknown error.').

20. sameer-mirza

sameer-mirza

I'm trying to modify the source for the Standard Shader. Downloaded the Built-in shaders for b21 but I get these errors in StandardShaderGUI.cs with no changes yet made.

Assets/Test/builtin_shaders-5.0.0b21/Editor/StandardShaderGUI.cs(205,39): error CS0122: `UnityEditor.ShaderUtil.GetMaterialProperties(UnityEngine.Object[])' is inaccessible due to its protection level

(Filename: Assets/Test/builtin_shaders-5.0.0b21/Editor/StandardShaderGUI.cs Line: 205)

Assets/Test/builtin_shaders-5.0.0b21/Editor/StandardShaderGUI.cs(205,9): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEditor.StandardShaderGUI.DetermineWorkflow(UnityEditor.MaterialProperty[])' has some invalid arguments

(Filename: Assets/Test/builtin_shaders-5.0.0b21/Editor/StandardShaderGUI.cs Line: 205)

Assets/Test/builtin_shaders-5.0.0b21/Editor/StandardShaderGUI.cs(205,9): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `UnityEditor.MaterialProperty[]'

(Filename: Assets/Test/builtin_shaders-5.0.0b21/Editor/StandardShaderGUI.cs Line: 205)​

Can anyone tell me what's going on, please?

21. sameer-mirza

sameer-mirza

Weirdly enough changing this line:

DetermineWorkflow( ShaderUtil.GetMaterialProperties(new Material[] { material }) );​

to this:

DetermineWorkflow( MaterialEditor.GetMaterialProperties(new Material[] { material }) );​

removed the errors :/

22. Sylmerria

Sylmerria

one wierd problem since I upgrade from B18

If Unity have not focus editor (not game) doesn't continue to run. Two exemples :

1. If I play and I have not the focus, my game runs ( good because I check Run in background option ) but profiler stop. All work fine when Unity recover focus.
    2. When I do compile and run. Compile start because Unity has focus but if I go to my browser during compilation, compilation ends but not lunch player until Unity recover focus.

23. Roni92

Roni92

I dont know if anyone is aware of this... but we have working DYNAMIC REAL TIME spot and point lights with GI !!!.
    I mean, light still penetrates through geometry(no shadowing), but I tested it yesterday and effect is just jaw-dropping( now you can light whole room with light as small as mobile phone screen or candles, just like in RL ). Seriously Unity, I can see now this real-time GI is really piece of advanced technology, congratulations on it, cant wait to see final effect ;)

24. sqallpl

sqallpl

I was sure that they are working already since previous betas but just without shadows. Am I wrong?

25. Tapgames

Tapgames

Reflection probes give me some trouble with this build. I have six of them and all baked nicely but after build to executable only one probe is baked and all other probes have this message "Reflection probe not baked yet".
    If you search for the baked probes in the project window its all there and perfectly baked.

26. Skittlebrau

Skittlebrau

I've had this happen a bunch (in previous builds as well). The only workaround I've found is to do "clear baked data" from the lighting UI and re-bake from scratch.

27. Elecman

Elecman

Screenshots / video?

28. zjinks

zjinks

I am having issues with baking lights with final gather rays above 16 or 32. Only have AO turned to 0.5 and directional specular turned on, but otherwise no other settings changed. I only have about 8 area lights, handful of light probes, and one reflection cube. When I try to bake with final gather on at default setting of 1024 rays, the bake hangs. And like I said, I have to cut the ray count down to 16 or 32 rays in order for it to finish the bake. No errors, doesn't crash, just does not progress after a certain point. I have tried clearing the cache and deleting the light map data, but I can't get it to give me any other results. I am running on a new fully loaded Macbook Pro. With final gather turned off the bake finishes fine.

29. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

30. Elecman

Elecman

Some pretty cool memory management of Enlighten:

memory.jpg

I would love to file a bug report, but my project is several Gb and the bug reporter always fails with an Unknown Error. Too bad.

Edit:
    Upload worked! Case 667540.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    KEngelstoft likes this.
  31. schmosef

schmosef

Is it just me or is the asset store window broken for anyone else in this beta?

The window just displays white, it does not load the asset store.

I reverted to the v20 beta and it's working again.

32. elbows

elbows

Works ok for me on v21, windows and mac.

33. biscito

biscito

small bug with unityads,

Assets/Standard Assets/UnityAds/Scripts/Advertisements/DeviceInfo/DeviceInfoIos.cs(14,21): error CS0117: `UnityEngine.iPhone' does not contain a definition for `advertisingIdentifier'

Code (CSharp):
    1. public override string getAdvertisingIdentifier() {
    2.       return iPhone.advertisingIdentifier;
    3.     }

34. biscito

biscito

35. Jaimi

Jaimi

The asset store is wonky on the mac for every version. Constantly turning white, not painting correctly, etc. Happens in every version - you just have to scroll around and hope it paints. I thought it was just me, until I had some visitors from Australia and saw it happening to them also.

36. schmosef

schmosef

Interesting. Thanks for that info.

I'm using Windows 8.1 x64.

I'll try again when I have some time.

37. GeoEuclid

GeoEuclid

38. goat

goat

That's true with 4.6.2 too on Mac and to a lesser degree on Windows though Windows acts like the entire asset store page won't refresh while Mac just acts like individual line items on the page won't refresh.

39. radimoto

radimoto

I'm having the same issues with the Asset Store turning white on my Mac. It is extremely frustrating...

40. Shbli

Shbli

I highly suggest you guys to add the offline installer it the download page, It's not easy to find the offline installer, by luck I found this post.

I'm facing issues with online installer, at the verification stage, I receive an error that it's not verified. Installing on different partition, as well on Mac-book.

41. radiantboy

radiantboy

When I build the lighting stuff my pc literally turns off. This happens almost everytime when I try with precomputed and baked at standard settings. Ive tried with very very low resolutions it doesnt turn off then but it gets stuck on 7/11 light transport every time (left it for days). Im now about to try only precomputed GI. I have 16 gigs and my pc doesnt feel hot and has a beefy PSU, so something mad is going on :) Wont get to try Unity5 for another week or so but from what I did try it was really quite amazing apart from the lighting issues, Id like some meaningful errors etc. But im sure you guys are working hard on it.

42. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

Could you please catch up with the Unity 4.6 UI?

MrEsquire likes this.
  43. Gokcan

Gokcan

New beta this week?

44. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I think its ready just needs Unity posting.

shkar-noori likes this.
  45. Freezy

Freezy

5b21 windows 8.1

After reinstalling it after a complete Unity wipe, asset store now finally does not explode (reveal all hidden windows for all running applications is my best guess) upon loading Unity asset bundles, but the calibration scene throws this:

Unknown package ID 25422
    UnityEditor.AssetStoreContext:OpenPackage(String)

tried downloading and restarting Unity in all kinds of combinations.
    perhaps Unity Asset package should be replaced with regular zip extraction (optionally add some hooks like config options in a human readable setup.xml).

Manually dragging the asset into unity for decompressing again makes windows explode with all kinds of windows.

46. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I know what you mean, but will Beta 22 contain all 4.6.2 is the main question or they missed the deadline and the changes will be added in Beta 23.

47. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

It's not in b22, I was talking about b23.

48. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

i guessing b22 still closed beta isn't?

49. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I think its been ready for a few days, dunno why the delay

50. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Ah i see. thanks for the the info.
    I'll wait