Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5.0 beta 19 available

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Alex-Lian, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
    twobob, Meltdown and homerender like this.
  2. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

Note that Unity 5.0b19 is the first beta to support building iOS 64-bit apps using il2cpp.

As promised, we are also working on bringing iOS 64-bit support with il2cpp back to Unity 4.6. You can download and discuss a beta of Unity 4.6 with iOS 64-bit support in the iOS subforum, in this thread.

kenshin, twobob, Meltdown and 3 others like this.
  3. derkoi

derkoi

Excellent work, thanks guys :)

4. gear

gear

Window links are not working.

5. simcovr

simcovr

Hi, just a quick question. Will be possible, in the future, to import, or create on the fly, meshes with more than 64k verts?
    This could be usefull in a lot of situations.

6. mikelortega

mikelortega

In Unity 5.0.0b19 the problem with rectangular DDS textures has been fixed. Good work!!
    Bug report 643271 can be closed :)

7. carking1996

carking1996

Under improvements, little typo..

"Ligthmapping"

8. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Is this release based on 4.6.1 changes?

9. Mauri

Mauri

The Windows Editor and WebPlayer links are giving out an 404 Error.

10. PremtechReality

PremtechReality

The Windows Editor is linked to the wrong file. If you change the b18 in the link to b19 it works.

11. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

No PhysX cloth fix :(

Onsterion likes this.
  12. Onsterion

Onsterion

+1 :(

13. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Woohoo, Android builds work again!

MrEsquire likes this.
  14. CodeMonke234

CodeMonke234

Says my beta 5 trial key expired?

Do current Pro 4.x Users still have access to the beta?

15. wccrawford

wccrawford

Did we ever?

It was my understanding that only Unity 5 Pro pre-orderers had access to the beta.

I just re-read the download page and it says that you'll have a 5.x key on your keys page if you have access, and that key is necessary to use the beta.

16. lightassassin

lightassassin

17. Tapgames

Tapgames

If I choose a culling mask for the directional light it still is effecting the the geometry that is on a different layer. Someone have this issue too? It's a directional light with no shadow.

18. homerender

homerender

I've prepared a whole collection of bug-reports but did not send yet) Some bugs is less, thanks! But unfortunately left many ...

19. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Sorry, my cut'n'paste of some component links were broken. Thanks for noting it. Should be fixed now.

20. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

No. The 4.6 merge happened shortly after our internal cut-off. It should catch up with b20.

21. relsirc

relsirc

I'm getting this error when building my project with IL2CPP

Anyone got any ideas? I got a kopilua in my project and it failed to convert it to c++

Unhandled Exception:
    System.Exception: Unexpected types used with Div_Un opcode. Types are Int32 and Int32
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.GetDivUnDestinationType (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference leftType, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference rightType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.WriteDivUn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.ProcessInstruction (Unity.IL2CPP.Node node, Unity.IL2CPP.Common.CFG.InstructionBlock block, Mono.Cecil.Cil.Instruction ins) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.GenerateCodeRecursive (Unity.IL2CPP.Node node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodWriter.WriteMethodBody (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodWriter.WriteMethod (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference method, MethodWriteMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodWriter.WriteMethodAndWrappers (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference method, MethodWriteMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodWriter.WriteMethodDefinitions (System.Func`2 filter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.Exception: Unexpected types used with Div_Un opcode. Types are Int32 and Int32
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.GetDivUnDestinationType (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference leftType, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference rightType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.WriteDivUn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.ProcessInstruction (Unity.IL2CPP.Node node, Unity.IL2CPP.Common.CFG.InstructionBlock block, Mono.Cecil.Cil.Instruction ins) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.GenerateCodeRecursive (Unity.IL2CPP.Node node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodWriter.WriteMethodBody (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodWriter.WriteMethod (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference method, MethodWriteMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodWriter.WriteMethodAndWrappers (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference method, MethodWriteMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodWriter.WriteMethodDefinitions (System.Func`2 filter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    UnityEditorInternal.Runner:RunManagedProgram(String, String, String) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:54)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:ConvertPlayerDlltoCpp(ICollection`1, String, String) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:410)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:Run() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:279)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils:RunIl2Cpp(String, String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, Action`1) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:197)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  22. Meltdown

Meltdown

iOS build size reduced by 40% with IL2CPP, oooh nice :D

23. AustinRichards

AustinRichards

Dissapointed to not see really any big fixes for lightmapping, or web player deployment. LoadLevel in streamed web player is broken, and I'm sure you guys know lightmap baking is near impossible at times & slow when it does work. Light probes also crash web player often. These are things that are top priority! But good job. Love you unity team <3, just work on these issues!

24. Meltdown

Meltdown

I get the feeling the lightmapping issues are going to take some time :oops:

25. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

Did you submit bug reports for each of these?

26. AustinRichards

AustinRichards

27. srmojuze

srmojuze

twobob and MayhemMike like this.
  28. Ammarz

Ammarz

@srmojuze +1
    I get this when going to the beta page:
    Template Path:
    unity/beta/5.0/static--unity-beta-5.0
    Render Layout:
    Render Layout
    Body class:
    beta-5-0

Attached Files:

twobob, GibTreaty and MayhemMike like this.
  29. twobob

twobob

Template Path:
    unity/beta/5.0/static--unity-beta-5.0
    Render Layout:
    Render Layout
    Body class:
    beta-5-0

Yup page is mangled +2

and more specifically
    Code (html):
    2. <section id="content" class="content-wrapper gw clear">
    3. <div class="field field-name-field-template-path field-type-text field-label-above">
    4. <div class="field-label">Template Path:&nbsp;</div>
    5. <div class="field-items">
    6. <div class="field-item even">unity/beta/5.0/static--unity-beta-5.0</div></div></div>
    7. <div class="field field-name-field-render-layout field-type-number-boolean field-label-above">
    8. <div class="field-label">Render Layout:&nbsp;</div>
    9. <div class="field-items">
    10. <div class="field-item even">
    11. <span class="state-true">Render Layout </span></div></div></div>
    12. <div class="field field-name-field-body-class field-type-text field-label-above">
    13. <div class="field-label">Body class:&nbsp;</div>
    14. <div class="field-items">
    15. <div class="field-item even">beta-5-0</div></div></div></section>
    should there be those &nbsp ; 's there maybe?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  30. Marcellus_Wilson

Marcellus_Wilson

I'm working on a game on iOS, and I tried b 19 and IL2CPP. I found the build to be extremely buggy. First the build in xcode through over 7,000 warnings, but the build succeeded. First thing I noticed it crashed right away and I realized pretty quick that the auto rotation bug is back for the IL2CPP builds. So after not rotating the device I started playing and I got way slower performance and buggy/stuttering hiccups in frame rate and input. I'm using unity script so I thought I would get better performance. The mono build in b 19 worked a lot better with no auto rotation bug, but still gave me very laggy performance compared to b 18 without anything changed by me. That being said the shadows on b 19 do look better. I really appreciate how fast you guys have been updating 5 it has so much and is getting really solid. Thank You.
    image1.PNG

31. twobob

twobob

version 19 annoys Syntax tree

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "Library\UnityAssemblies\UnityEngine.xml" is denied.
    System.IO.File.Delete (System.String path) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:179)
    SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.Project.SafeDelete (System.String file)
    SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.ProjectFilesGenerator.CleanDeployPath ()
    SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.ProjectFilesGenerator.DeployUnityAssemblies (SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.ProjectSystem.UnitySolution solution)
    SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.ProjectFilesGenerator.GenerateProject ()
    SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.Project+<>c__DisplayClass3.<RunOnceOnUpdate>b__2 ()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorApplication.gen.cs:268)

(happens 3 times) I'll go let them know too.

I post this here as you list MS as a partner so you might actually want to know.

Cheers.

32. Quiet-Pixel

Quiet-Pixel

The Download Assistant for v5.0.0b19 is a little bit better than for v5.0.0b18. It at least downloads all the data. However, after an hour of downloading, it gives this error during installation:

33. Anozireth

Anozireth

I am getting a very similar error, only difference is that the types are Int64 instead of Int32. I submitted a bug (663035) with a small sample that easily recreates the issue when building for iOS with IL2CPP enabled.

34. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

Thanks, I have fixed this in the notes, so future releases should look ok.

35. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Did you submit a bug report?

36. srmojuze

srmojuze

lekk8282 likes this.
  37. Vibs_appit

Vibs_appit

The new build with il2cpp spewed about 2k warnings in x-code. Most of it was something like "GCC does not allow section attribute here" or similar. It built successfully, but was crashing as soon as I enter the gameplay scene from menu scene.
    Also, the build size was same. Idk why it wasn't reduced as mentioned in release notes.