Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[Unity 5.0 b18] Standard Shader & Lightmaps won't work on Windows Phone 8.1

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by uprashanth, Jan 17, 2015.

1. uprashanth

uprashanth

When I build a simple scene with cubes in a box to test GI with all geometry to static it works fine in editor and when I build it for Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows Phone 8.0 I get default light like u see in editor without any realtime lights in the scene.

So I thought that standard Shader won't work and then I used legacy shader and I still get the same result. Thinking both won't work I baked the scene and when I build I again get default light like u see in editor without any realtime lights in the scene.

My Phone is Lumia 1520 with Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 & Adreno 330 GPU with Windows Phone 8.1 Update.

Will Standard Shader and Realtime GI work on Snapdragon 800 Chipset?

Please someone help me on this topic.

2. p87

p87

It seems like they are still focused on getting everything working on desktop. Mobile support throughout the unity 5 beta has been abysmal.

Since Unity won't come out and officially say what works and what doesn't, I've spent a lot of time messing around with the unity 5 beta on mobile platforms. Let's just say mobile is currently buggy and my R&D was a huge waste of time. I would just wait on doing mobile development. Target standalone and have faith they'll fix it later.

3. uprashanth

uprashanth

4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Try Beta 20, see if any difference.

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi,

could we get a bug report on this? It might be something specific you are doing - standard shader works just fine on the Doll demo. I haven't tried lightmapping myself, but it should work, and if it doesn't, we definitely want to fix it :).

6. uprashanth

uprashanth

7. uprashanth

uprashanth

@Tautvydas Zilys can u confirm this?

Will Standard Shader and Realtime GI work on Snapdragon 800 Chipset?

8. uprashanth

uprashanth

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Standard shader will work. Realtime GI will not work on Snapdragon 800 on Windows Phone - afaik, it requires DirectX feature level 10.0, while Windows Snapdragon 800 supports only 9.3. I believe baked GI should work just fine (and I don't think you'd even want to use realtime GI on that chipset either way, for performance reasons).

10. uprashanth

uprashanth

11. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Well, the are no Windows Phone devices with Snapdragon 810 as of yet :). If the Direct3D feature level is 10.0 or higher, it will work just fine.

12. uprashanth

uprashanth

@Tautvydas Zilys Thank you! Microsoft is going to release Windows Phone With 810 Chipset. 810 supports Direct3D Feature Level 11.2 and Next Windows Phone comes with DirectX 12 but I dont know Feature Level. Since 810 supports 11.2 I think Windows Phone 10 supports Dx12 FL 11.2.

Thank you very much @Tautvydas Zilys