Search Unity

Unity 5.0.2f1 - Cannot debug with monodevelop

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hkdtmer, May 23, 2015.

1. hkdtmer

hkdtmer

When pressing "Attach" in "Attach in Process" window, the button depressed for about 0.1 second and then returned to unpressed state even if I am still holding the mouse button, then nothing happened and debug didn't start.
    I tried all of the things below and it still doesn't work:
    1. both 32 and 64-bit Unity editor
    2. checked editor settings in Preferences > External Tools
    3. deleted all Unity and Monodevelop folders in Program Files and Appdata folders
    4. deleted all Unity and Monodevelop entries in HKLM and HKCU
    5. start a new empty project

PS: I can build the game and play in my phone, the only problem is I can't attach to process and thus cannot use breakpoints. Please help, thanks.

2. hkdtmer

hkdtmer

Unity 5.0.1f1 does not have this problem, therefore I submitted a bug report already.

3. hkdtmer

hkdtmer

No one have this problem? I also tried UnitySetup64-5.0.2p4 and this problem persists, in both win7x64 and win8.1x64

4. German Caballero R

German Caballero R

I still have this problem, with Unity 5.0 and Unity 5.1. There are a way to solve it?

5. harleyjd

harleyjd

I have this problem since upgrading to 5.0.2f1, and in build 5.1.1f1 which I got last night. I'm guessing the lack of response means it's something in our systems causing it. But it defo started with 5.0.2f1.

I am only able to attach by spam-clicking the attach button 3-15 times. then it attaches.

6. hkdtmer

hkdtmer

I solved it by double clicking the Process Name "xxxx Unity Editor (Unity)" in that window instead of clicking the Attach button.