Search Unity

Unity 5.0.0f4 + OVR 0.5.0.1

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by vladk, Mar 29, 2015.

1. vladk

vladk

Hi.

When I import the package into Unity and start any demo scene I get a warning and lot of errors:

What's wrong?

Warning:

Version check failed. Please make sure you are using Oculus runtime 0.5.0 or newer.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    OVRManager:Awake() (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRManager.cs:451)

Errors:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    OVRDisplay.ConfigureEyeDesc (OVREye eye) (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRDisplay.cs:610)
    OVRDisplay..ctor () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRDisplay.cs:128)
    OVRManager.Awake () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRManager.cs:535)

OVRPlayerController.OnEnable () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/Util/OVRPlayerController.cs:120)

OVRCameraRig.ConfigureCamera (OVREye eye) (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRCameraRig.cs:279)
    OVRCameraRig.UpdateCameras () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRCameraRig.cs:147)
    OVRCameraRig.Start () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRCameraRig.cs:98)

OVRMainMenu.CheckIfRiftPresent () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/Util/OVRMainMenu.cs:889)
    OVRMainMenu.Start () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/Util/OVRMainMenu.cs:342)

OVRManager.get_profile () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRManager.cs:114)
    OVRPlayerController.Update () (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/Util/OVRPlayerController.cs:152)

2. MS80

MS80

Did you import the package to a empty new project? It should do the job, I have tested Unity 5.0.0.4 and OVR 0.5.0.1 yesterday. If you want to import it to an existing project, delete OVR folder and all ovr related plugin-folders, restart Unity and import the new OVR unity package, this worked for me!

3. Tapgames

Tapgames

Just delete all previous version plugin stuff from unity3D project and import the latest version.

4. vladk

vladk

yes, just an empty project

Probably I should also notice that I don't have any Oculus Rift hardware.

5. jashan

jashan

In that case, it will probably be very hard to test your game. I'd wager that this is also why it's not working.

6. anagamedev

anagamedev

This is not the problem, I just had the same error on my new project and I have been working with Oculus Rift projects for a while. You don't need a oculus Rift to run a Unity project with a OVR camera.
    The error disappear after I Run the Oculus Runtime and restart my pc... just leave this thing running at the background and your project should now play with no errors.
    You can download at Oculus website :
    https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/#version=0.5.0.1-beta

El Maxo likes this.
  7. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

I'm a little nervous to switch to the latest Oculus runtime. Is the performance any better with Unity 5? I.e., does the frame rate still get locked to 37 in all but the simplest scenes?

8. Cascho01

Cascho01

Same errors here using:
    ovr_unity_0.5.0.1_lib
    Unity 5.0.1f1

9. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

If it helps, Worked fine with Oculus 0.5.0.1 sdk (installed runtime too) and Unity 5.0 / 5.1 versions.
    Just replace UNITY_5_0 with UNITY_5 define if you see error related to player settings.