Search Unity

Unity 4 Android disappear lvl field?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Acolit, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Acolit

Acolit

So, guys, i don't understand in Unity 4 lvl (Android Market licensing) field has disappear?
    And i should use some LVL extension from the assets store?
    Or not?
    Thank you!

2. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

3. Sisay

Sisay

hey, how can I add key(Android Market licensing= to an application?
    I would be grateful for step by step instructions.

4. yanebra

yanebra

I am on the same boat with you, I am still mess up on how to publish my apk in a proper way.
    Keystore stuffs...... and the LVL......
    UNITY heroes, PLEASE give a Hand.

5. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

Ok, first of all LVL is by no means a requirement for publishing to google play. It is a service provided by google to make it easier for developers to verify the authenticity of the application. You can use LVL in a number of ways to ensure that your application has not been tampered with. One way to do it is described by the CheckLVLButton.cs script which is provided with the plugin. Though, if you are serious about copy-protection you should probably tweak that and come up with your own idea. The most important thing is to not use what everyone else is using - that's a sure way of being hacked. Secondly, depending on the importance of the check - update your protection code when you update your application. It doesn't have to be much, just enough to force whoever is trying to hack your application to hack it again, and again, and again...

Also, check the plugin documentation at github:
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/GooglePlayLicenseVerification

6. yanebra

yanebra

Martin,
    Thanks so much for your reply,

Cuz my apk must over 50 MB, so LVL is needed for the .obb, I would like to know is that simply paste the public key in the LVL.cs in the project is enough?

Wait for your reply.
    Yan

7. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

8. kaz2057

kaz2057

Dear support is not possibile to reimplement LVL code inside Project Settings?

It was so simply ...

9. kaz2057

kaz2057

Dear Bitte,

Is not possible reinclude lvl in project settings? I see that come back .OBB split in Unity 4.2 ....

Then if I use lvl script from gits source, I need just to replace with my lvl without create a custom manifest?

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  10. hdfreema

hdfreema

The (LVL) plug-in needs more step-by-step documentation, please.

Also, I think I have it working (testing on my phone), but was wondering:

1) If that "Check Level" GUI will appear on the upload .apk or if I need to change something.
    2) When I click "Check Level" on my phone, it says there's an error for not finding the code...am I correct in assuming that's because it's not gone through google play yet and is instead just a build directly out of Unity?

Sorry, if the questions are very noob... i think I'll always be one...

11. jvil

jvil

Any of these standard methods provided to implement LVL cost 1 click to by-pass for any cracker, so you need to implement your own method.

If you really want to implement LVL you need to code your own Android plugin, obfuscate it to make it difficult to reverse-engineer and use server-side verifications. Also, make your app tamper-resistant, and all these will only make the process to crack it just a bit harder, but not impossible.

In conclusion, you need to make your Android LVL implementation unique, difficult to trace when decompiled and resistant to any changes that might be introduced.