Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 4.6.4x to 4.6.5p2 = MASS UI ISSUES!!!

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by MrEsquire, Apr 15, 2015.

1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

So what has gone wrong? Opening existing projects with patch1 or patch2 results in number of UI features not working. Anyone else experiencing issues?,

I know number been posted on discussion board but no official word. - Yes making some noise about it because need the iOS fixes but don't want to break UI same time.

2. geff

geff

Same with my game.

Hidden GameObjects which contains Image component blocked the mouse raycasting.
    No problem with Unity 4.6.2f1.

But I have found a temporary solution : Add a CanvasGroup to your hidden Popup and set BlockRaycasts to false

3. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I understand, its not about temporary solutions, Its about Unity fixing the issues themselves properly.

4. iivo_k

iivo_k

I guess the competent people went to do something else. I miss the beta times, when the devs actually answered/reacted to bug reports. Now I guess they're too busy with IL2CPP and Unity 5 or something and the UI keeps seemingly getting more broken every patch.

vexe, mh114 and MrEsquire like this.
  5. geff

geff

MrEsquire likes this.
  6. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

7. plamee

plamee

Yeah, p1 and p2 totally messed up our project - sorting of UI elements is completely broken. I've posted a bug report with minimal example to reproduce this bug (http://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?689056_ncr7bb4umfi8e2a6), no response yet. I haven't tried p3 yet, but as MrEsquire noticed there is just one UI fix, and it's not the biggest one

MrEsquire likes this.
  8. pixelsplit

pixelsplit

9. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I hope this week some official word, seems even 5.1 does not have latest UI changes.

10. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

BUMP, another week and another patch, still no UI fixes in p4?

11. iivo_k

iivo_k

At least the InputField clearing itself on Android seems to be fixed.

12. pixelsplit

pixelsplit

4.6.5p2 still has this problem.... any news on this?

EDIT: By rearranging the objects in the hierarchy it was possible to solve this issue, but it is still strange, because since the mentioned patch release it is NOT downwards compatible anymore...

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  13. laurentps

laurentps

Since 4.6.4p1 and until now with 4.6.5p2 I have a ton of issues with UI, draw calls number doubled, images not being displayed randomly, depth ordering of images being wrong randomly. All of these issues don't exist on 4.6.3. I can't unfortunately release my game with 4.6.3 because I need the latest il2cpp fixes from 4.6.5.

zyzyx, DWilliams and MrEsquire like this.
  14. plamee

plamee

We've checked out this UI sorting bug on 4.6.5f1 on Mac - still no fix yet. Are Unity developers aware of this bug? It would be great if we could get some feedback from devs

dbds and MrEsquire like this.