Search Unity

Unity 4.5 With VS 2013 Express!! (Windows phone 8.1)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by MetalSoul666, May 28, 2014.

1. MetalSoul666

MetalSoul666

Hello,

I just downloaded the version of unity today, Update the SDK to 8.1 Express

The Problem,, (i Got No Windows phone module loaded) So I can't build...

is Unity support The VS 2013 Express SDK??

Best Regards

2. MetalSoul666

MetalSoul666

Solved,, That problem

but I got another problem

only Start, I can't choose Device or anything else?!?!

What I should do? re-install 8.0 SDK??

thanks in advance

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  3. pumpkinszwan

pumpkinszwan

Do you have Update 2 installed? When you say 8.1 Express do you mean VS for Windows 8.1? In that case I think with the Express version you still need to install the Windows Phone SDK separately, but then it will work in VS for Windows.

Unity does support VS Express 2013, as I have been using that until recently getting full Visual Studio.

Here's another tip: if you have a website and a project either completed or in development, you can apply for Microsoft Bizspark. If they approve your application you get free software, including the full Visual Studio 2013.

Does Unity 4.5 support WP8.1 or just WP8? Check that too.

4. MetalSoul666

MetalSoul666

Yes i have vs express 2013 with wp 8.1

In fact , i can create new phone project

But when I build the unity projecr to wp

And open it, I just can't run it on device

Only Start in list , nothing else

I really want use latest sdk,,

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Which version of unity is this? Did you try building from Unity to an empty folder? This usually happens when your_project_name.csproj.user file is corrupted.

6. MetalSoul666

MetalSoul666

my Unity is 4.5

Every Build , Just Have nothing in list to Run ,, only Start

and I got this Error after enter the project

What Should I do??

and Thanks in Advance

7. lcellentani74

lcellentani74

Hi

I'm working on Windows 8.1, using Unity 4.5 (the most recent official release), VS 2013 Professional with Update 2 installed (so I should have Windows Phone 8.1 SDK installed).

When I try to build for Windows Phone target I'm getting this error:

Error building Player: Exception: Framework reference assemblies were not found at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\WindowsPhone\v8.0". Is Windows Phone SDK 8.0 installed?

The error is clear, but before install Windows Phont 8.0, is there any way to set Unity to use WP8.1 SDK or is it a requirement to use WP8.0 SDK?

I was not able to understand from the previous post if Unity 4.5 is supporting WP81. SDK

Thanks
    Ludovico Cellentani
    Just Funny Games

8. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I've never seen this error message before. Could you try running a phone app without Unity (just create one with new project button in VS) to check whether it's an issue with your Visual Studio installation?

Hi,

installing VS 2013 Update 2 doesn't automatically install Windows Phone 8.1 SDK (at least that was the case last time I checked) - there is explicit checkbox whether you want Windows Phone SDK tools installed. I believe checking that checkbox installs both 8.0 and 8.1 SDK.

Also,it's currently not possible to target Windows Phone 8.1 SDK with Unity. We are currently in beta for native 8.1 apps, but you can't do it with current 4.5.

9. lcellentani74

lcellentani74

Thank you for the quick reply.
    I'm installing the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK

-lUDo

10. Bomzj

Bomzj

I have visual studio 2013 with update 3, by default there is only windows phone 8.1 sdk.
    When trying to build wp8 in unity3d always getting the "Error building Player: Exception: Framework reference assemblies were not found at "". Is Windows Phone SDK 8.0 installed?".

Here you can download exactly windows phone 8 sdk http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35471