Search Unity

Unity 4.5 freezes color picker

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BenoitFreslon, Jun 11, 2014.

1. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

Hello,

When I try to change a color on texture, particle system or a material Unity 4.5 Freezes.

I never saw this issue before with Unity 4.3

EDIT: If you click twice Unity freezes.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Doesn't crash for me. Maybe submit a bug report, and include a video showing this happening.

3. mgear

mgear

no crash but got some error messages here (had to really click it fast and lots of times.. particle system, gradient editor, color picker, keep clicking it, try holding shift or space also..: )

- rc.right != m_GfxWindow->GetWidth() || rc.bottom != m_GfxWindow->GetHeight()
    - GUI Window tries to begin rendering while something else has not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering, or previous OnGUI did not clean up properly.
    - NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.GradientPicker.OnDestroy () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/GUI/GradientPicker.cs:122)
    UnityEditor.ContainerWindow:InternalCloseWindow()

4. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

Hello,

Where to submit a bug ?

Thanks

5. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

6. Griautis

Griautis

AI & Physics STE Unity Technologies

Please post the case number here, so we may look at it as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
    Ugnius

7. furetto

furetto

hello,

I have the same problem on windows 8.1.
    unity version: 5.3.1f1_cc9cbbcc37b4

I uninstal and instal unity but the problem persist.

When i clicik on the color picker window does not appear and unity go freeze.

please help me!

tnx.

LibelulaV likes this.
  8. LibelulaV

LibelulaV

Hello,

I suffer the very same problem, and not only it happens in the color picker, but when I try to select the Gizmo menu or any other submenu. Everything freezes and stops responding. In addition, I tried the previus verions (even the 4.7), and the problem persists in all of them.

Is there anything I can do? I have install and uninstall it at least 10 times in different versions.... And I updated the graphic card, an GTX 965M. The O.S is W10.

Thank you.

9. ragadozo

ragadozo

5.0.1 color pick and gismo was fine.
    5.3.3 color pick was freezed the unity, I dont tested gismo that time because I updated to 5.3.4 hoping that it will solve the the color pick bug.
    5.3.4 color pick still freez, gismo is working.

I wrote the patch number work status to help unity team, it might be help them find what cause this if they know which version has working color pick and which has not.

I only used the patches above, so I cant tell more about the other versions.

10. Willzyx

Willzyx

Same problem here.
    i uninstalled / reinstaled then open new project .... unity freces when i click the color that open window of color menu; if i use the color picker tool it work ...

11. tacman1123

tacman1123

I'm having the problem as well, running 2019.4.10f1, on Ubuntu 2020.4. I simply create a material and try to get the color. Sometimes it works, other times it freezes and nothing is selectable except the top menu navigation.

I'm running Unity on a second monitor of my laptop.

12. tacman1123

tacman1123

Actually, it seems to be only the eye-dropper that causes it to hang.

13. tacman1123

tacman1123