Search Unity

Unity 4.5 - FMOD errors

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Trouch, May 27, 2014.

1. Trouch

Trouch

Hi, i just upgraded from unity 4.3.3 and everything was functioning fine with no errors.
    Since porting my game over to unity 4.5, i now have a plethora of repeating errors about "FMOD_OK" which i assume is something to do with audio. I've disabled everything which has something to do with audio, but still have afew more of these errors floating around.

I have 24-40 errors which say..
    Code (csharp):
    1. result == FMOD_OK
    2. An invalid object handle was used.

and one
    Code (csharp):
    1. An invalid object handle was used.
    2. UnityEngine.AudioSource:Play()
    Can anybody assist me in explaining whats changed, why this is happening and potentially how i could resolve this?

Thanks very much, im excited to use unity 4.5, but just need this to make some sense to me.

edit: I read that it may be something to do with multiple audio sounds wanting to play at the same time, but i never had that problem before the upgrade.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Please create a bug report for this, thanks!

3. Trouch

Trouch

Id love to submit a bug report, but unfortunately i don't know how to replicate this since i cant isolate this and i wouldn't know what example to upload.

Edit: Submitted one anyways, with no sample, just a summary of my errors.

Edit2: Haha, i disabled everything in the scene, still get 12 errors on play.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Try cleaning up the library folder, to see if it helps in a copy of your project.

5. Trouch

Trouch

FIXED

I began randomly googling FMOD errors and came across somebody stating it could be a software error on my end, some sort of malfunction.
    So i updated my windows files and restart my computer. Game runs again, for the time being runs fine. Must of just been a problem with unity trying to interact with my computer.

Cheers for bearing with me

Yeah that was going to be my next step, deleting every folder systematically to identify where the culprit lies. Luckily i didn't have to do that :)
    Thanks again

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  6. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Thanks for updating us on the fix for this, if you reported a bug already please reply to the auto-response to let QA know :) Thanks.