Search Unity

Unity 4.2 Crashes when importing Asset

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by CStunner, Jul 25, 2013.

1. CStunner

CStunner

The Unity 4.2 Editor Crashes immediately AFTER i import the Asset and drag it in the Scene View or Hierarchy.
    I'm using Blender 2.68, it crashes EVEN if i import the default Cube from Blender.

$ue.png

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  2. userTrav

userTrav

Try forcing dx11 mode. Add the command line argument -force-d3d11 to a unity shortcut.

3. CStunner

CStunner

I did, it still crashes. Too bad for me that i deleted unity 4.1.5 setup file.

4. dsmontoya

dsmontoya

I have the same problem. My OS is Windows 7, too. I used and older version without any problem but now I don't even can drop objects like a First Person Controller.

5. HeronHuang

HeronHuang

Do not use HD4000's newest driver, it causes the crash.Downgrade driver or switch to another GPU on board.

6. CStunner

CStunner

I use Laptop, it has Intel GMA 945, Unity crashes even if i add a Cube (from Hierarchy) (BTW, it shows up as a sphere in Preview o_O, a cube being shown as a sphere, hadn't noticed that before). It's so discouraging. 800+ MB of download is big for my VERY slow connection, when it was released, i gladly deleted the 4.1.5 setup file and uninstalled the same. I installed 4.2 and now when i am trying to use it, it crashes for ALMOST EVERYTHING. The directx 11 mode is of no use at all. I just don't know what to do, will try to recover the 4.1.5 setup file (through recovery program) instead of downloading 4.1.5 again (if it's available for download)

7. dsmontoya

dsmontoya

8. CStunner

CStunner

Tried using the Windows Xp sp2 compatibility mode too, also used Administrator mode, either is of no use. I had submitted a Bug Report when it crashed (when i imported a Cube made in Blender).

Are there just FEW of us who are experiencing crashes with Unity 4.2 or is it the same for everyone ?

Update: Used Recuva to recover the 4.1.5 setup file, using that again :(

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  9. hemmerling

hemmerling

a)
    Same here, on my
    ASUS Eee PC T101MT, Intel Atom CPU N455, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150, 2 GB RAM on Win8:

1. Unity 4.2 crashes, when I load a 3D object interactively into an empty scene, e.g. “GameObject / Create Other” / Cube”.

2. Unity 4.2 does not crash if I load the Terrain object by “GameObject / Create Other” / Terrain” into the scene.

3. On the same computer, (1) does not happen with Unity 4.15 ( can be downloaded from http://unity3d.com/unity/download/archive ) - Thanks for advice trying this version :)

I reported the bug.

b)
    I am not shure that any of the graphics options is suitable as workaround for the bug...
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/windowsstore-commandlinearguments.html
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

Sincerely
    Rolf