Search Unity

[Unity 4.1.2] Problem with an animation not playing in mecanim

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Bebop182, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Bebop182

Bebop182

Hi, i started a small project to test mecanim on non human model, and i also wanted to test some physics properties.
    I made a quick model of a glock 17, made basic animations for it and build up my mecanim state system:

I made a video showing the animations.

Holster, HolsterNA and Draw are made from the same 3ds max file.
    When you want to sheathe the gun there are 2 possibilities:
    1- the gun is empty and you have to set the slide back in place before storing your gun.(HolsterNA)
    2- there is at least one ammo in the gun and you can store the gun right away (Holster)
    For both case the Draw animation is supposed to bring back the gun in place.
    This is the case only when the Scene and/or Animator windows are active. When only the game window is running, or in a dev build, the Draw anim doesn't work.
    I replaced the animations in the animator window, by 2 other, and there was no trouble playing it. So i remade new shealthe/un-shealthe animation by ran into the same issue.
    I made my animations with 3ds Max 2013, i first made the HolsterNA anim, and then used it to make the other two. For the Draw anim i reversed the key from the Holster anim. Is there a way this could lead to some errors in unity?

If you have an idea of what can cause the issue please tell me.

Here is a demo to see for yourself.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57076687/FPSbuildv0.15/Web.html

Thank you for reading.