Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 3d Forum Feature

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by josh_sg1, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

Hey,

I think that OP's should get moderator of thread titles and they can delete peoples posts that are not on topic. It would make trolling not possible, and everything that the topic is about. Example: some people post comercial work topics and dont want messages post. I think also in the collaborationforum people post a lot of questions that should be deleted if they are not on topic.

Example:
    "Send you a message."

2. Bula

Bula

I think you should read the banned post

The moderators from unity forum are not idiots.......They have benned me once with a reason.....I didn't had anything to show.

You did but everything was stolen.
    Don't just blame people for trying to help you
    People have the right to talk and say what they think ........
    Leanr to model or anything that you want to do.Don't stole things.

3. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

I dont know what you are talking about. Post a quote or reference to anything you are talking about.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  4. andorov

andorov

Well, only if you agree to keep the posts that point out your flagrant thievery on your thread.

Promise?

5. Acumen

Acumen

You can always report posts that you're offended by to moderators of the forum.
    Just think through that thought. What kind of a mess would it be, when thread creators could just delete randoms posts that they don't see fitting. Mayhem.

I know what you mean, since I read your recent threads, but you can be blamed for weird behaviour too. People are right, when they say it's never clear what kind of work you did and what was just cutout/copied/pasted around. That just confuses people and that was mentioned to you numerous times, yet you continue posting in the style you do.

Like I said, I understand your feelings about people crossposting in your threads, but you gotta ask yourself why this kept happening, too.
    Moderators are very helpful in here, so I'm pretty sure they'll lend you a helping hand in keeping people from posting stuff you don't expect in a thread, yet you gotta think about how to present you and your work better, as well.

6. Bula

Bula

Lol......I don't know what you were thinking when saying

''You dont know what you are talking about. Post a quote or reference to anything you are talking about''

The thread can be find in the unity colaboration section
    It's called Puya so on........
    EDIT
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/119401-PUYA-3d

7. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

You are texting that I dont own licenses to the thread.

8. Bula

Bula

O my (I just cannot keep it ) F****** god .

Read the post again

I just cannot imagine how anyone would undestand that things from what I have said.
    Show me 4 people on the unity forum that thinks like you (exept of your friends)

This is going epic

9. Unicron

Unicron

@josh, you really need to specify whether the artworks/assets you post are from other people and that you are using them as reference or you had bought the "license" to the assets to use in your game. You can't just post someone elses stuff and have some of your work overlayed on top of it and just put "GUI by me" and "illustration by so and so". I'm not even sure if you've asked permission to have their worked used in such a way. Anyway, just saying you gotta specify these things so there are no misunderstandings.

10. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

I am saying the OP's moderate their own thread not other peoples. There would be no spam. You talk a lot about how the mods are so great actually I get messages from mods bitching about how something I dont own licenses to and how they are emailing the authors of the content and how they would post a apologie to the forum for how rude they are to us so confident that I dont own licenses to the work and they do, they email all the authors, they also talk to them and they didn't do anything, no apology, no messages to me about how rude they are like they say they would do, and all they do is lock topics. I don't know what is so great about th mods you are talking about. I am not texting about the puya 3d mod.

11. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

Yes, they are talkign about the puya 3d topic.

12. Bula

Bula

YES OR NO?
    YOU OWN LICENCE OR NO?

Another answer that YES or NO would be considered NO.
    I would ask anyone that is seeing another answer than YES OR NO just ignore him.

13. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

Yes, a epic fail. The Epic Fail of how you dont know how to quote what you are talking about.

14. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

People should never be able to moderate their own threads. I can't even believe you are suggesting it. There is a reason for the court system.

'Nuff said.

15. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

You want me to say if I own license to what.

16. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

How so? You should explain why you don't think people should moderate their own topics. Why not? It only makes it not simple for trolls people mpost.

17. Bula

Bula

To the items to the staff you say you have it in your game

YES or NO?

This is I promice the last thing I would say if this guy have another answer

18. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

I do not know what you are talking about. You should quote what you are talking about.

19. Unicron

Unicron

Right, but not just that thread, I've seen other threads by you and you've posted art/assets that you have not clearly described as your own, references, or if they are licensed. Like I said, it's best to just make sure and clearly specify or define the images you're posting to avoid any misunderstanding.

20. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

If I decided to sue someone and I could choose what evidence to show and what now to show, I would no doubt win.

Same principle applies here.

21. Bula

Bula

Let the thread die mate.......There is no use in trying to make him undestand something he don't want to undestand

22. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

If people that post know the OP's are mods of their own topic they wouldn't be a sue in the first place as they already know that they should not make a arguement they know would just get deleted, and that makes no spam, all posts on topic. Its simple, if you dont know anything nice to post, dont post there at all.

23. puyacorp

puyacorp

What Josh_sg1 is trying to explain to you bula is that you have not shown a quote.

24. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

You are not quoting anything you are talking about.

25. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

Closed again. Josh_sg1 - I'd really like to see you not open up another thread like this. Don't waste my or anyone else's time with this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.