Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 3d Forest Package

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Mar 27, 2011.

1. BHS

BHS

Unity 3d Forest Pack

Hey everyone this my forest made in Unity 3d. I've made a couple video to show the tests. My graphics card is broken so that's why it's a little laggy. Most people should get about 30 to 40 fps. Some feedback would be great. Everything you see was modeled by me except the character models and the shield; they were free models from TS. The trees were tweaked and altered with new textures. They were also made to scale, no 8 ft tall fully grown trees.

Anyways if enough people are interested I was thinking about making an asset pack or Unity package file which would come with like 20+ models, the scene, the remade trees and grass, and much more visit the product page for more info and details . The package is a very reasonable price.

Updated Demo: Webplayer demo link below you can walk around and see the awesomeness I was getting like 50 fps:
    http://ikanimation.webs.com//New%20Forest/WebPlayer.html

Now Available at The3dStudio.com!:
    http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_search.aspx?id_affiliate=373096&id_author=373096

If the videos are too dark not my fault it's your computer. Everyone on youtube hasn't had any problems. As for the Oblivion music it's just for the videos it's not in the game I added it after to set the mood :p.

1st Test:

2nd Test:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  2. arvzg

arvzg

Weird I happened to be looking for some good forest models for a university project Im working on. I load up unity forums and BAM exactly what I wanted.

It's looking good from those videos but I am interested in seeing a demo of it :)

3. GrimWare

GrimWare

No dark problems here, great stuff man. I'm envious of your skills, been following your progress with stuff since 2009.

4. BHS

BHS

Thanks guys, glad you like it. Webplayer demo up!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  5. Andrew_atl

Andrew_atl

Those are some good looking trees. Those footstep noises need to go though.

6. BHS

BHS

haha yeah I totally forgot to take them out it bugs me so much I'm going to update the demo when I get the chance. And thanks

7. arvzg

arvzg

and you should put in some way of making the character run faster... id like to explore the forest but i dont wanna wait 20 mins to get to the other end

8. p6r

p6r

Very very nice !
    As arvz said : faster would be great... because we want to walk around this nice forest !

6R

9. PolyMad

PolyMad

Doh my computer usually have no problem of framerate but this demo actually killed it...

10. DevionGames

DevionGames

really nice forest!

11. BHS

BHS

Thanks guys I'm glad you like it. I'll be updating the demo soon with the suggestions you guys made.

12. BHS

BHS

Demo updated with suggestions you guys made.

13. p6r

p6r

Perfect ! Thank you...

6R

14. PolyMad

PolyMad

Trees should extend at least 1 meter lower than what they are now: on steep surfaces their base is over the ground, no good!

15. BHS

BHS

@megmaltese No that's a normal problem with the trees in Unity and it's not hard to fix.

The Unity 3d Forest Pack is now available check the link!

16. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Really great work man. Looks fantastic!!
    Are you also going to be selling it via the asset store?

17. BHS

BHS

Thanks. Um I'm not sure the asset store seems complicated and it wouldn't have as many buyers. Should I put it up? What's their rate?

18. BHS

BHS

One sale so far.
    This a great deal check it out

19. BHS

BHS

Would more people be interested if I added this to the asset store? And what if I had just the trees as a separate pack? Which would be cheaper...

20. BHS

BHS

Only $20 for today only! Don't miss your chance getting it cheap!

21. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Hey I bought this, it is great. Only challenge was i needed to delete the lightmap to customize it the way I like.
    Good asset...

22. BHS

BHS

Thank you 24pfilms

23. arvzg

arvzg

seems like there are errors straight away after importing it to my project

See bigger image here: http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8802/errorxq.jpg

I managed to fix them - the first one was easy enough but the other two requires you to find the missing scripts on google. Not a huge deal since the errors are only for the demo scene included. Nothing wrong with the art package itself as far as I've seen :)

and just for future reference you should make the package decompress a folder containing all the files rather than just decompress all the files. not onyl that you need to sort your files better.. at the moment there are so many stray files not sorted onto any folders

apart from those.. excellent work =)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  24. Demostenes

Demostenes

On which HW? 50 fps is quite low, for such simple scene. Are these trees using billboarding system? Anyway it looks good. Pitty that we havent soft vegetaion shaders.

25. BHS

BHS

@ arvz

Dang thanks for letting me know I'll update the Unity pack. Those should have been included in the Unity package file I don't know why they weren't? If you didn't know you can shoot spells and swing the weapon with the click of each mouse button :)

And thank you I'm glad you like it