Search Unity

Video Unity 360 video player

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by unity_1008745, Jan 4, 2019.

1. unity_1008745

unity_1008745

I'm in the process of creating a video player on the Oculus Go the video player itself works.
    My problems lies within the 2GB limitation, as the videos are 360 4k and about 4-5 minutes so are already at 1.5GB, so I'm unable to add a second video (and I'll need to add 4 of these 4k videos).

A limitation I have is that this application won't have an internet connection so I'm unable to put the content on a server and download it.

Is there a way in Unity to instead of keeping the videos within the application, store them on the GO storage, and reference the video to play, or another suitable option that doesn't affect the video quaity.

Thanks,

2. mgear

mgear

if oculus go has sd card and its android based, you can play videos from sd card with unity then.

unity_1008745 likes this.
  3. unity_1008745

unity_1008745

@mgear Thanks

For thoses that run into my problem,

This is the bit of code that'll locate the video
    videoPlayer.url = Application.persistentDataPath + "/Videos/episode_01.mp4";

However remember that you'll need to add the file into the oculus's storage seperate from the build, as mgear suggested, to do this open the ouclus and find the url "This PC\VR-Headset\Internal shared storage\Android\data"
    then create a folder called com.yourcompany.NameOfProject (package name). Then create two more folders called files, and Videos, then just add your videos here.

Note: You can also store anything you want here, and the unity project will beable to locate it, Sounds, raw Images, etc..