Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

"Unity 3 Beta" watermark shows up on 3.4 after running 3.5 Beta

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BasketQase, Jan 26, 2012.

1. BasketQase

BasketQase

This has been mentioned before, but has gotten no acknowledgement as of yet, so I wanted to reword the problem.

We did a separate install of Unity 3.5 Beta to try out the new Flash deployment. When we went back to Unity 3.4 (with a project that was never opened with 3.5) and continued work on a web-player app, all future builds from 3.4 came with a watermark in the bottom right-hand corner that says "Unity 3 Beta."

We are running Unity 3.4.1f5 with a Pro license and a Unity iPhone Pro license. Obviously we'd like to be able to build our apps again without watermarks. It would be great if someone had a solution to restore my workstation to it's pre-3.5 form so that we can deliver this web-player app to our client on-time.

Would it work to reinstall 3.4 and reactivate it? Or will there still be some latent file hidden on the system somewhere continuing to affect older builds of Unity?

Thanks,
    ~Rob

2. burnumd

burnumd

It's not your webplayer builds that show this watermark. When you installed the 3.5 developer preview, you installed the beta Webplayer client along with it. The Webplayer is what's creating that watermark. It won't appear for users who haven't installed the beta webplayer.

3. BasketQase

BasketQase

Ah, thank you and good to know!

Then I guess my next question is: how do I uninstall the beta web-player and reinstall the 3.4 player?