Search Unity

Unity 3 Beta Release Notes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by antenna-tree, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zumwalt

zumwalt

dang sad, no odbc fixes

2. spentak

spentak

We'll I would hope that mp3s that are unable to loop would be considered a major bug.

3. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Looking forward to RC3's notes, thanks for sharing them here!

4. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

5. zumwalt

zumwalt

Didn't see a lot, nothing that is a show stopper for going live today per say, if it is down to so little changes before live and no major fixes, why not just call it ready and gold stamp it?

I really want ODBC fixed personally :(
    From reading the notes, it looks like major issues are off the table until after the show and ODBC broke is a major fix.

6. n0mad

n0mad

edited : Ok I found the link ^^

7. Quietus2

Quietus2

As it's a mono bug, if history is any guide you might be waiting another two years before it's fixed. :cry:

8. txmikester

txmikester

Hmmm, I'll take the fact that there have been 3 RC versions in the last week as a very good sign. We must be getting close...

9. beezir

beezir

Any chance of release notes for RC4 and RC5? I'm sure they're fairly short due to the rapid updates, but I'm a release notes addict. :)

10. MrPure

MrPure

We also have big problems with configurable joints and the Postition XDrive which is broken, only velocity work.
    Since nearly all of our project use this function, Unity 3 is useless for us and we pray the team Unity fix this!!!!!

Still exists in f5

Case 374368

11. CorruptedHeart

CorruptedHeart

I second @Beezir, there's just something about seeing the changes that have been made before you see the product or after or during...

12. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Would this in the "how to upgrade from 2.x to 3.x" page in the docs apply to your case?

13. MrPure

MrPure

Thanks for your reply Aras!

We didin´t know that page in the docs existed (the manual is not updated with this info yet...)

But yes you are right that was it. We where using "Postition Velocity" and used the Force to toggle between the two. AngularVelocity when moving an ex. Crane arm up, and then let the Spring with Angular Position hold it in its new place (since The Force itself is too week to hold it up if you have a lot of mass difference.

So now when we change the mode from script "joint.angularXDrive.mode= JointDriveMode.Position;" to joint.angularXDrive.mode= JointDriveMode.Velocity;" it works as before, and we are so happy again !! :)

The question thou is how do we use the new "Postition Velocity" mode? To us that mode seems broken. or?

Sorry for taking this in this thread, we were desperate and didn´t get any feedback from our bug report or support. :)

14. x4000

x4000

Is the f5 release the same as the full 3.0 release? When I do check for updates, it says it is up to date, but it also still says f5...

15. stefano.cecere

stefano.cecere

i think we should re-download the full 3.0 from http://download.unity3d.com/download_unity/unity-3.0.0.dmg
    (i am doing so)

stefano

16. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

f5 is the final release, yes.

--Eric

17. stefano.cecere

stefano.cecere

indeed.. i wanted a 500Mb new download.. in this Unity devs don't follow common delivery procedures :)

s

18. Burke

Burke

I would very much like the release notes up to f5, with dates if possible. Does anyone have that?

Moving between f4 and f5 (and 3.1) has changed the interface on some mono calls that cause the web player to crash when a hosted game behind a symmetrical NAT if joined from outside. Apparently, this is not a known issue, but I don't know how many other serious developers actually do peer to peer.

I am at Unite and so far no one in the hands on sessions could help and full docs on the restricted apis are not expected until the next release.

Thanks in advance for any help.

19. zumwalt

zumwalt

Looks like going to have to wait for 3.2 release (crosses fingers) for further database fixes. If not 3.2, maybe 3.3 or 3.4 maybe 3.5 hopefully somewhere in the 3.x series and not have to wait for the 4.0 update and pay for it.

20. duke

duke

Really disappointed to see the Texture-In-NormalMap-Mode-Can't-Have-Alpha bug I reported a while ago wasn't fixed in 3.1. Your own shaders want this yet you can't do it!

21. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

@duke: In order to get practical DXT compression of normalmaps, we are using the alpha channel as well - hence normal maps in Unity 3 has X component in red, Y in alpha - and Z is reconstructed in the shader (IIRC).

In other words, that you can't use the alpha channel in a normalmap is by design, and hence not something we'll "fix"

Which 3.0 shaders are you referring to that requires you to use a separate alpha channel in the normal map - if we are shipping any shaders that has this requirement, that seems to be the real bug...

22. FierceForm

FierceForm

Problem: It doesn't work when I replace the 30 in the URL with 34. How am I supposed to read a complete list of Unity 3.4 release notes?

23. Dreamora

Dreamora

the release notes of unity 3.4 will be part of the 3.4 release once it has happened, you get no access to release notes prior its release to the public

PS ;)

24. FierceForm

FierceForm

What's so different between the 3.0 release and 3.4 release that we can't see some release notes?

25. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity