Search Unity

Unity 3.5.6 installation fails

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Sollthar, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Sollthar

Sollthar

I just tried to update my unity to 3.5.6 today, downloaded the dmg from the website and opened the package. The installer opens, I choose my HD and click on "install" and it starts doing something for about 5 seconds, then the installation fails with the message

"installation failed. Please contact the manufacturer"

Now even my old Unity application is gone and I can't do anything. Retried it 8 times with the same result. Any help? No idea what to do.

I'm on a Mac with OSX 10.5.8

2. Sollthar

Sollthar

I'd appreciate any help since I can't continue my work. I have still not managed to do anything as I can't deinstall the program since it's not here anymore, but I can also not install the new one because I get the same error.

Any ideas would be really helpful. Apart completely reformatting my harddisk...

3. Serellyn

Serellyn

I'm not experienced with Apple software, but is there something that cleans obsolete files from you pc? So something like CCleaner or Ace Utilities that are available for Windows.
    With a program like that, find and destory obsolete files, clean registry (if mac has something like that).
    This way, the corrupted or old files from unity could be deleted.
    And ofcourse, restart the mac.

4. josemauriciob

josemauriciob

for me .... i reach to install 3.5.6 but when submit any IOs .... say invalid binary...
    then I downgrade to 3.5.5 and same proces and works good.

note: i test with 3.5.6 4 times on diferents computers, but fails invalid bynary
    hope this help to some one

5. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

3.5.6 doesn't seem to install on 10.5.8. You should restore the previous version from backup and then use the bug reporter app to report the issue. (Also look into upgrading to 10.6, since software that supports 10.5 is becoming scarce.)

--Eric

6. Sollthar

Sollthar

Hm, how would I go about restoring to 3.5.5? I can't find the installer anywhere anymore.

7. Baronhat Games

Baronhat Games

I have the same problem here. My installation is Windows 7 x64. I'm upgrading from 3.5 so it's not too big an issue, but there ARE some new features we'd like to use.

8. alexszilagyi

alexszilagyi

Guys,

Has anyone found an installer of Unity3D 3.5.6 ? (MAC | Windows)

Trying to find a archive of their release but no idea if Unity guys have that; if anyone will find that please let us know.

9. alexszilagyi

alexszilagyi