Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 3.5.2 + PlayMaker + Smooth Moves = Crash issues, functionality issues... :(

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by IPete, Jun 1, 2012.

1. IPete

IPete

Hi guys,

Just a word of caution, I have come across an issue when combining the three items mentioned above, namely:

Unity 3.5.2
    PlayMaker 1.4
    Smooth Moves 1.3.2 (?)

Using the plugins (PlayMaker and Smooth Moves) with Unity 3.5.1 is not an issue, but if you upgrade to 3.5.2 then Unity crashes on import, and once you get them all open in a project, PlayMaker functionality suffers if you have a Smooth Moves sprite in your scene.

I have reported this bug to everyone concerned. Alex Chouls (PlayMaker) and Layne Bryant (Smooth Moves) have been brilliant, responding in a matter of two hours to the issue. Alex has been able to recreate the issue, as did I on my home development kit.

Besides mentioning it here, I wanted to say a big thanks to both Alex and Layne for being so responsive with emails and posts, it's really heartening to know that authors really care about their clients and support like this needs a bit of flag waving, especially this weekend! Lol.

Thanks guys.

[Edit]

Ok after playing around for a while I discovered a way around the issue of crashing, and that is during the import of Smooth Moves, un - tick the demo / tutorial folder, so it does not import the demo - this will allow Unity to load Smooth Moves and prevents the crash. This also means that PlayMaker should work ok too

Just in case someone else finds the same issue ]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012