Search Unity

Unity 3.5.2 Mac and Safari 6.0 issue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Neogene, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Neogene

Neogene

We are facing a bug into the Web player, the input doesn't work in Safari, while in other browsers (ie/firefox/chrome both win/mac) works.

The game works flawless in the editor.

Any suggestion?

The player was the 3.5.2, we updated to 3.5.4 player but without success.

2. Checco-Esimple

Checco-Esimple

here the same. In the safari 6 developer preview it was lagging a lot keyboard input. In safari 6 final (mountain lion has it by default) it doens't work at all.

in the editor also there is no input in Asset Store search box.

3. BasketQase

BasketQase

Same here!

Webplayers I've built with Unity 3.5.1f2 are not accepting keyboard input in Safari Version 6.0 (7536.25). They still work fine in Chrome (in this case Version 21.0.1180.57).

4. LukeTomes

LukeTomes

Same issue here. It seems the web player plugin loses focus and receives no keyboard input from the browser.

Currently workaround is to switch to full screen mode and keyboard input will function correctly.

Same bug is present on some older versions of IE9 running on windows 7.

5. LukeTomes

LukeTomes

I logged a bug report with Unity and Apple for this. Unity support got back to me in 24 hours.

Unity issued a fix for this in the UnityObject.js file that is referenced by the .html wrapper page.

Our page was referencing a local version of this file so we were not getting the latest version.

This can be fixed by updating the html page to reference the UnityObject.js from Unity's servers.

6. Neogene

Neogene

Thanx, seems that it is fixed in the 3.5.5f4 release (reading the change log). I updated also the web player to the same version.