Search Unity

Unity 3.2 Water3 Foam

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Fierce Waffle, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Fierce Waffle

Fierce Waffle

How would I get the shoreline foam to work. As of now I simply have it largely scaled around my whole terrain and it does not foam up on the shore line.

2. 3dDude

3dDude

Do you have unity pro?

3. Fierce Waffle

Fierce Waffle

Yes

4. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

It should "just work". Did you drag the prefab to your scene and try that? Does it work if you leave it at its original scale?

5. angel_m

angel_m

I have experienced some texture problems when I scale up the water3 mesh to make it an ocean for example.(Unity Pro). Also I got problems with the reflection-refraction.
    I think it would be very useful if we could see any tutorial or example project showing different setups of the new water.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  6. PeterB

PeterB

+1

There's such a wealth of settings available for Water3 and its related classes that a tutorial or just a document listing what they are and what they do would be a tremendous help. The new water is brilliant, by the way, good work.

7. pandigital

pandigital

+2 I would love to see a tutorial on this

8. demize2010

demize2010

+ 3 especially covering waves generated from object collisions

9. callahan.44

callahan.44

I'd like to see an Indie version tutorial. I've hung the editor half dozen times trying to fix the errors.