Search Unity

Unity 2D Tutorial 'Kit Tools'

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Turner9959, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Turner9959

Turner9959

I've been trying to follow the Unity tutorial for the 2D game kit, but I can't find the 'Kit tools' button on the menu. I've been trying to find answers, but couldn't. The button simply isn't there. I was wondering if I was importing it wrong, or something else. Thank you.

hylpetter likes this.
  2. You probably have some compile errors in the console. Sometimes you need to fix them in order to the menu points like this show up.

3. runzhouchan

runzhouchan

Hey, I'm a beginner as well and I couldn't find the butten, either. Have you solved the problem?And how to solve it?

4. Dumb_Duck

Dumb_Duck

I was just about to post something about this when I saw this thread. I think this is a really big problem for us beginners who are trying to get started. Some help would really be appreciated!

5. JeffBship

JeffBship

There is no "Kit Tools" on the top bar. No compiling has been attempted. I've uninstalled and downloaded fresh copies of Unity as well as importing the 2D Game Kit and restarting several times.

https://flic.kr/p/2hDCws8

The tutorial is totally unusable if you can't get past the first step and there are no instructions provided.

Also....are images allowed here and if so which hosting site works? I can't get any of the Flickr options to show the picture. Click on the link if you want to see the menu bar I am bug reporting.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019