Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2D Multi image background scrolling from 3D assets as screenshot from image

Discussion in '2D' started by eagleeyez, Jul 21, 2018.

1. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

I am at my wits end.

I know infinite scrolling backgrounds in Unity. But! I want to do something different.

1. I have thousands of 3D assets and Environments. I know how to convert 3D models into 2D with animations.

2. I want to layout a background with 3Dassets that will be scrolling at some point but in this case would carry on with different buildings and environments over an entire scene, looking like moving through a very large horizontal scene. So side scrolling but with multiple images. So take many screenshots from the 3D enviroment.

Meaning, I convert the nice 3D scene with a screenshot into a 2D background.

3. My thoughts! I know screen capture software, so why not have a really massive scene divided into multiple images from the 3D background and have them scroll.

4. So does anyone know of an asset or way to layout a massive scene in the horizontal and then have a screenshot taken from the entire scene. (of course joining the multiple images to look like one very large background and then maybe scroll that as well)

5. It’s a thought to make 2D using all your 3D assets.

6. Hope someone can help.

2. BioBurden

BioBurden

3. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

Thanks, I already use that. I need something that will take a screen shot along the path of the camera. For example. 500m scene horizontal full of 3D models. Then these pics can be stiched together to make my 2d background and get rid of the 3D modles.