Search Unity

Bug Unity 2D arrays seem to scuff the bottom of textures

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Natjo_, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Natjo_

Natjo_

Pre Texture Array
    upload_2022-9-12_11-18-12.png Post Texture Array
    image.png
    Hi, I've come across a error I haven't been able to fix. Textures made into 2D Arrays seem to be marked/scuffed at the base of them.
    No matter the image settings they all seem to be effected by this destruction and I can't find any possible fixes online. Anyone know what I've done wrong or any possible fixes?

2. Natjo_

Natjo_

More things I forgot to note:
    • This is happening in unity 2020.3.37f1
    • This isn't only happening to these specific textures but other different textures for different models as well
    • I've tried setting up the arrays in such away to be assigned different columns and rows with no luck
    • I've tried exporting the images from different software to change meta data with no luck.

3. Natjo_

Natjo_

I've done some more testing with the arrays, trying to figure out what's specifically causing it and as far as I can figure it's a bug directly linked with Unity's 2020 LTS since the bug is easily replicated on all versions of 2020 LTS in a new project, but not replicate it in the most recent 2021 LTS (done trying URP and HDRP. Doubted it'd make a difference but worth checking).

Going to report it as a bug then hopefully it'll be fixed in the next patch of 2020LTS

4. Natjo_

Natjo_

Solved the issue. Apparently you shouldn't set the texture to be transparent, that wreaks the textures.