Search Unity

Unity 2D Animation Package Controls

Discussion in '2D' started by Redlar, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Redlar

Redlar

I'm slightly confused by the Unity 2D Animation Package. From all the tutorials I have seen, there should be buttons for Edit Joint and Reparent Bone in the Bones menu. However, I'm not seeing them in my interface.
    Capture.PNG
    Because of that, I'm having issues creating a rig for my 2D sprites, which are set up as multiple sprites on a single PNG. I have to click each individual sprite in order to create a bone that will affect that sprite, but then I have no way to reparent or link up the different bones.

Are these two controls only available for imported PSB files?

Is rigging only possible with a PNG sprite if it's of the type Single and not Multiple?

2. ed_s

ed_s

Unity Technologies

You can rig with a PNG that is Single and Multiple type. The tutorials that you're following are probably using an earlier preview version of the 2D Animation package. The workflow for rigging has changed so there are no longer any Edit Joint or Reparent Bone buttons. Instead, you'll need to use the Bone tab in the Visibility panel.

Select the Bone tab bring up the bone hierarchy tree of the Character Rig. You can reparent and reorder bones by dragging them along the list, and toggle the visibility of each bone by selecting the icon next to it.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.2d.animation@3.1/manual/SpriteVis.html

3. Redlar

Redlar

Thanks for linking me to the updated tutorial, but the Bone tab still only shows the bones for a selected sprite. It doesn't show all the bones for multiple sprites, which I think is what I would need to see if I want to link multiple sprites on a PNG together, right? Or am I misunderstanding the way the skinning editor works, and separate sprites in a PNG are meant to be rigged separately rather than stitched together?

Right now I'm just testing it with my spritesheet, but when I deselect a sprite the bone tab is completely empty, and there doesn't seem to be a way to select multiple sprites to see multiple bone hierarchies.
    Capture.PNG