Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity 2022 Keeps Enabling Legacy Analytics

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by PeachyPixels, Jul 20, 2023.

1. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Hello!

The project in question does not use analytics, let alone legacy analytics. That means no analytics packages are installed.

The project was just upgraded from Unity 2021 to 2022 and the legacy analytics flag (m_Enabled) keeps getting enabled (see GitHub screenshot) whenever project settings are updated.

First time this happened I even received an e-mail from Unity saying they had detected legacy Unity analytics being enabled and that it's now retired!

Am guessing this is a 2022 bug so just reporting.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  2. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

I've updated three different projects now (to 2022.LTS) and every single one of them is displaying this behaviour.

Both the Analytics & Legacy Analytics packages are uninstalled and\or disabled. Yet every time I open the project, the flag is set to 1 (i.e., enabled) and I have to undo the change in GitHub.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

PeachyPixels likes this.
  4. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Thanks for the info @AcidArrow

Tbh I just left those as is, assuming that if all the services were disabled they wouldn't be used.

5. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

There used to be a bug where it would use those urls anyway, and bugs have a tendency of coming back.