Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity 2022+ Bug : Editor WhiteScreen ( Unity keeps stuck and fail to load project window )

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by sachaamm, Dec 7, 2023.

1. sachaamm

sachaamm

I think everything is in the title, when i launch my project, Unity is stuck while loading scripting assemblies. I'm attaching the Editor Log associated. This bug is pretty annoying and occurs each time i'm launching the project... Now i can't launch my project anymore. I'm trying in 2023.2 ( Windows, MacOs, Android Modules ) but happens also in 2022.3.20 LTS ( Windows, MacOs, Android Modules ). This bug is critical, can Unity Editor team works to fix it as soon as possible ? i don't know if you will be able to reproduce it, if i can help in any way to fix it just tell me...........

Attached Files:

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Editor.log doesn‘t show anything out of the ordinary.
    Have you tried deleting the Library folder? That‘s one thing to try.
    Did you recently up or even downgrade the editor version for the project? Downgrading is not supported.

What you could try in a copy of the project is to a) delete ProjectSettings folder and if that didn’t help, b) remove all scripts to see if that loads. Then move the scripts back in.
    It‘s possible that you created or triggered an endless loop in an editor/alwaysexecute script.

Also search for „white screen“ issue, there have been a few reports. Definitely update graphics driver and for nvidia use the studio driver for best compatibility, stability.

sachaamm likes this.
  3. sachaamm

sachaamm

I've noticed this was happening when Rider is running with the project solution before launching the project. Don't know if this matters or not. Then, i have to kill Unity Editor and Unity Hub and close rider to fix it.

4. sachaamm

sachaamm

This is even occuring with simple mobile project, ( 2022.3.14 ) without rider launched. This is so annoying, i have to kill unity editor and hub and relaunch several time until the project is succesfully launched.

5. sachaamm

sachaamm

This is happening when i have a project open and i launch another project. in this case i have to kill unity editor and unity hub and restart the operation to get it solved. I think unity should consider this issue as an important issue, because all my graphics drivers are updated.

6. Wantparty

Wantparty

2022.3.16f1 LTS same problem... every time have to kill unity editor and unity hub...