Search Unity

Official Unity 2022.2 Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TreyK-47, Nov 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. protoCorey

protoCorey

the problem is crashes and ANRs in live builds using LTS versions that leaver us no option BUT to use latest builds, which we get entirely different crashes and ANRs with. His point is valid because it's not a problem that's just popped up. It's a long term trend of severely broken backend functionality of Unity

2. naonaonaoue

naonaonaoue

hi, The following issues fixed in 'Unity 2023.1.0 Alpha 26' are still happening in 'Unity2022.2.4f1'.
    I want you to fix it as soon as possible.

Unity 2023.1.0 Alpha 26
    • Editor: Fixed an issue so that you can now set a Camera's targetDisplay property using C# in the editor.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    Unifikation likes this.
  3. ebaender

ebaender

Can anybody else confirm massive performance issues with both the player and editor in 2022.2 compared to 2021.3 for the sake of my sanity?

I submitted a bug report already but like most severe performance issues it got sacked as not reproducible. Just tested 5f1 to see if it was fixed already, but of course not. Probably related to AMD graphics again, can't reproduce something if you don't even own the necessary hardware.

The editor is close to unusable since it locks up completely for about half a second any time you move the cursor from one window to another, click on something in the hierarchy, or sometimes even if you do pretty much nothing at all. Player performance across the board is significantly worse in play mode, and catastrophically worse in builds. Tested a whole bunch of projects ranging from basic and lightweight to very intensive HDRP scenarios, the builds all run between 30 and 50 percent slower than they do in 2021.3.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  4. paljan

paljan

Our team is also having major issues with the 2022.2 version, all the way from 2022.2.1 -> 2022.2.5. Frequent crashes in play mode, and long lockups when editing scenes. We are running M1 macbooks, but I am now trying the Intel versions if they would at least prevent the frequent crashes.

As a side note, we also started experiencing peculiar physics2D issues in multiple projects and multiple different contents when updating from 2021 to 2022. In contents that have been working just fine all the way from 2019-2020-2021 -versions.

Unifikation likes this.
  5. koirat

koirat

When will 2022 be LTS ?
    Any info ?

6. Unifikation

Unifikation

Sorry to hear.

But, also, thank you very much for writing this. Am in that phase of considering moving from 2019.LTS to current and getting an M2... this info invaluable. Thank you!!!

7. Unifikation

Unifikation

Unity informs me when I'm opening a project in a different version. So KNOWS when am opening a mismatched project to version.

Good.

It's also widely acknowledged that many things go wrong in updating Unity versions, and that the Library folder should be deleted BEFORE opening a project in a new Unity version.

Is there any reason the pop up that informs about the version mismatch couldn't offer to recreate the project in a new Project folder for this newer version of Unity, and do so without bringing the Library across, and then open this new Project in the new version?

This is what I do manually, so that I have both to check against each other when going through the process of "upgrading" Unity version. And I think it's basically what everyone has to do, often. So why can't Unity do most of this for us?

8. Chris_Webb

Chris_Webb

Since updating to 2022.2, we can no longer bake lightprobes from our automated jenkins pipeline.

Our lightprobe build script must be run from NOT -batchmode (because of some apparent issues with lightprobes), and since updating, when launched like this from the command line, unity will hang and never actually open. I assume somewhere in the background it is trying to display the "dont run unity as an administrator" dialogue.

Running in -batchmode from the command line still works, but this is not viable because of the mentioned light probe issue.

This is currently a really big issue for our projects.

Any help resolving this would be fantastic :)

Unifikation likes this.
  9. TomazMB

TomazMB

Hi, upgrading from Unity 2022.2.5f1 to 2022.2.6f1 and my character in the project i made according to Udemy course "Create an RPG Game in Unity" won't move anymore. Suddenly I'm getting a Null reference in one line of the script and the character won't move to the position where I click on the map (I didn't change anything in the project). Also I notice that in the Console when I click on one of the line with yellow or red infos, the messages dissapear and I have to click on another tab (e.g. Project) and back to Console tab for this messages to reapear. I have also noticed that I wasn't informed about newer version and I have to manually install it from internet side.

10. TomazMB

TomazMB

Hello, as of upgrade to Unity 2022.2.9f1 everything is going back to normal.

salex1 likes this.
  11. Fatima_Ressie

Fatima_Ressie

Sons of the forest crashes with an error (unity 2022.2.3f1_55531d7fa82e)
    After login into sons of the forest,it crashes after a few minutes .currently I am using window 11.

12. This is a forum for the Unity game engine, not for the game you're trying to play.
    Please see how to submit bug report to the game developers on their website: https://endnightgames.com/support

WolveX and DevDunk like this.
  13. Fatima_Ressie

Fatima_Ressie

Hey Thank you so much!

DevDunk likes this.
  14. sacb0y

sacb0y

So HDR support was added, but I don't see the volume feature for it?

15. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

I see you back ported RenderingLayers.hlsl into 2022.2.15 api 14.0.7

however, this change did not get rolled back into 2022.2.14
    as 2022.2.14 also uses the same api 14.0.7 this is very problematic for version control.

also, same issue with DOTS.hlsl

is this coming soon?

Unifikation and sacb0y like this.
  16. Unifikation

Unifikation

Noticed all of this on a new m2 Max. Have wrangled physics2D back into line, with a few interesting changes to frequencies and update rates. Hit me on PM (you or anyone else with similar problems) to discuss, as these are a bit project specific - had to do slightly different things in differently setup projects, but all got back to "as they should be responding" states.

17. thiers

thiers

I did the same! Checked everything, unninstalled and reinstalled every unity related program and was almost formatting my pc.

Finally I created another user in my pc, one without any administrator rights, and from that user everything is running non-elevated. From now on I'll separate the admin from everyday usage to avoid these kind of problems.

The solution I figured out is far from a good one, but at least may help someone out.

Unifikation likes this.
  18. The_BenEvans

The_BenEvans

Did you manage to solve this in the end? We're using Jenkins and just updated to Unity 2022.2. We're now running into the LightProbe issue unless the Jenkins agent is manually started whilst logged in. I thought it was something to do with Unity running elevated, but after getting Unity to run unelevated it still seems to be an issue.

19. Chris_Webb

Chris_Webb

Hello!

We managed to find a (horrible) workaround to this.

For us, what worked was:
    • Don't run Jenkins as a service (boooo), but manually as an unelevated user (I tried a local user service with desktop interaction and that doesn't work)
    • Run unity from the command line, not in batch mode, using -automated argument (which blasts past any popups etc)
    • Start an editor coroutine from your static entry function
    • Load the desired scene to bake
    • Switch to the Scene view
    • If you have a local lighting volume, place the scene view camera in the center of the lighting volume
    • Force the scene view to repaint
    • Wait several seconds (the time it takes for unity to update the ambient lighting is not exact, and there is no complete callback. 5 seconds seems to always work for us)
    • Start the lightmap bake
    • Save the scene, save the asset database, unload the scene
    • Repeat for next scene
    • Close down the editor yourself when you are done.
    This reliably gets us lightprobes with correct ambient lighting. Super horrible. The scene view stuff is definitely necessary, as if Unity launches with the game view open, and no camera, it will not generate ambient lighting correctly, according to our tests.

It seems there is an issue with when unity decides to start baking the ambient lighting, as there are cases where this never triggers (when the scene view never renders). If Unity fixes that, we could just go back to running as a service.

The_BenEvans likes this.
  20. mat108

mat108

What an absolute S***show

spacefrog and Unifikation like this.
  21. mat108

mat108

'Unity is running with Admin privileges, which is not supported blablabla'

UnityHub is not elevated, I did not select 'Run with Admin privileges' and there exists no 'Run with Admin privileges' checkbox anywhere on my exe properties tab. Issue appeared after installing 2022.2.12f1.

I can no longer open any projects lmao

MarkTheDecrepit and Unifikation like this.
  22. Unifikation

Unifikation

Despite it not looking as though it's possible, you can delete the Hub. And return to holding down option/alt and clicking on individual Unity Editor Apps to get a loading screen when they open up, even with the latest versions. This has saved my lunch, and dinner!

23. mat108

mat108

Thank you!!

Unifikation likes this.
  24. April_sm

April_sm

I encountering this before, but then I did a mistake... after I trying the same way... it didn't shows up...

I close the unity hub, I check if the Unity Hub.exe run as administrator are checked or not, and after I click the Unity.exe it's back the error before, and when I click the restart unity as standard user, it didn't show anything, just showing the same prompt... which is the running with administrator privilages

25. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

The best solution for making that popup go away if you're not running Unity as administrator is this one, I hated that popup too and now it's gone!

DevDunk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.