Search Unity

Bug Unity 2022.2.1f1 Constant Crash + editor mishaps

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Naxelito, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Naxelito

Naxelito

We had the following issues upon upgrading to Unity 2022.2.1f1 from Unity 2021.3.5f1LTS and were not present before

One of our team members faces the following issue:
    Windows 11 - Unity crashes upon doing simple operations making it impossible to work - but the crashes do not seem deterministic. Video, logs and crashdmp included below

2 of our members (Windows 10 and 11) have issues with none of their shortcuts working (one on Windows 11 and one on Windows 10). No shortcuts were edited or altered in any way.

And lastly, our member on Windows 11 is facing a bug when clicking on a console message that is tied with a scene object where the console disappears and the object is clicked repeatedly. Video below

Things everyone has done: Reinstall Unity, delete Library, clear GI Cache, change Unity's folder location.

While the last 2 are mostly inconveniences, the first one has rendered one of our team members unable to contribute. Does anyone have any workaround or possible solution in mind?

Attached Files:

2. Naxelito

Naxelito

Hi AL3X_Games,

No importing screen appears, if you are asking on whether the upgrade process has been completed, it was fron a different team member and uploaded in our Git repo with no issues. The team member obtained the 2022 upgraded project and that's when the issues started. The crash issue does not seem to be reproducable in a brand new project. It would require for us quite a bit of work to downgrade to an older version just to check if the project is working as many scripts needed to be altered for 2022 - but when we were working on 2021.3.5f1 we had none of the above issues.

ALEXWARELLC likes this.
  3. gasppol

gasppol

Hi Naxelito.
    I've both errors on my project (the crash with particles and the console error overflow).
    For solving the console error overflow: It's related to the layout of the Editor windows (layout is from previous version, not working on new ones). You should make a new layout from scratch. That solved the error for me.
    For the crash when using particles (is always when using them) I can't find any solution yet :/

Durium and Naxelito like this.
  4. Naxelito

Naxelito

You are 100% correct! We all have the crash with the Particle system, not only our Windows 11 user. Don't know exactly when it happens, but it doesn't take over 5 minutes of messing around with a Particle System for Unity to crash.

An update: Our Windows 11 user formatted to Windows 10 and the Console issue seems to have resolved, but his shortcuts still do not function

5. gasppol

gasppol

For shortcuts did you mean: clic in a console error row, to get the ping/highlight? That was caused in my cause by the Layout of the Editor. Try to make a new one or use the default one.
    About the Particle System bug: yeah... messing around or just watching the Particle System run, and eventually crash...

6. Naxelito

Naxelito

Nope! Not a single shortcut works for some of us. No CTRL+C, no CTRL+S , no DoubleF, nothing. Furthermore, UI Toolkit seems to cause massive lag for our tools, making them completely unresponsive. Animation rigger is also not behaving properly (but at least we did find an issuetracker for it). Ultimately we were forced to downgrade again since this version feels impossible to work with for us despite wanting specific features and fixes.

CloudyVR likes this.
  7. Durium

Durium

Having the same particle crash in unity 2022.2.1f1 any fixes?

8. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

Please stop posting "me too" messages all over the place. You made a dedicated thread for your issue which was the right thing to do. These other threads have nothing to do with your problem.