Search Unity

Bug Unity 2022.1.21f1 errors while creating a project using a template

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Leviafan4ik, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Leviafan4ik

Leviafan4ik

just create a new HDRP project with unity 2022.1.21f1 using 3D (HDRP Core) screenshot.png

Attached Files:

NSokolovskyi likes this.
  2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Please file a bug report

3. SniperED007

SniperED007

Thankfully, I'm not the only one having this issue. Happens with using URP (both new and upgraded projects)
    I tried uninstalling the HUB, Unity, and deleting all Unity files I could find in my Users folders but it still happens.

FaberVi likes this.
  4. DevDunk

DevDunk

Didn't hear from OP, so make a bug report

5. DEEnvironment

DEEnvironment

same issue for me also
    URP an HDRP are completely unusable as shader graph is pre-installed by unity and no way to remove it from any uninstall option in package manager

BIRP / standard will work but if you add Shader Graph 13.1.8 it completely breaks also

note don't ask me for a bug report as that is pointless when it's this busted

cheers

6. Tsahyla

Tsahyla

This type thing (a release that will not even run) is so SO maddening. Yes, I realize this is a beta. But is there no quality control left at all? File a bug report ? It won't even run. How can Unity put out a release that won't even work in 2/3 of their render pipelines? In this release you can't even use HDRP or URP, both touted to be the future of Unity. And yet Unity is laying off employees and there is a HUGE price increase on the way! And yes, I'm one of those Indie Developers that the Unity CEO called "f***ing idiots.". My little post here will probably get deleted, but there aren't enough words to even BEGIN to describe all the internal Unity problems that this release reveals.

Just .... wow !!

7. Deathwing

Deathwing

I also join that club... on my mac all is fine, on my windows nop. The package cache of shadergraph and visualeffectgraph 13.1.8 are missing some meta files, some .cs files and assembly definitions.
    Tried to wipe the whole unity package manager cache folder, project library folder, etc. I cant get it resolved.
    When I copy the mac files in, it works until Unity detects "Changes" in the package cache and finally deletes them just to get the errors again :D

andreiagmu likes this.
  8. andreiagmu

andreiagmu

I'm having these same compilation errors when opening any URP project (new or existing) on 2022.1.21.
    I just filed a bug report. :)

9. KimmoFactor

KimmoFactor

Just wanted to add to the noise, 2022.1.21 is completely broken here too. So skip that release and stay with .20.

10. GKotlidas

GKotlidas

same thing here 2022.1.21 doesn't work on URP projects of mine

11. DJ_Link

DJ_Link

just adding that it's also broken for me, I had to revert to 2022.1.20f1, not a big issue to revert, but I would recommend skipping this version and wait for next one. I tried on 2 different computers.

12. kloot

kloot

And today of all days was when I tried to upgrade my URP project from 2021 to 2022 :p Wasted a couple of hours trying literally everything to get around this issue only to learn that it broke on 2022.1.21 - as reported, it works fine on 2022.1.20

Thanks for letting me know guys, and thanks to Unity for making my first taste of Unity 2022 exactly as confusing as expected :p

DEEnvironment likes this.
  13. SniperED007

SniperED007

You would think they would pull this release until it's fixed, instead they just waste devs time.

KimmoFactor and kloot like this.
  14. oleg_v

oleg_v

The same.
    2021.1.21f1, URP (core and sample) - a lot of errors in start, can't run project in play mode.
    Just submitted a bug report.

15. spaceparsley

spaceparsley

Also hit this, also submitted a bug (IN-21477)

16. Leviafan4ik

Leviafan4ik

Excellent... It seems like it's time to slowly switch to Unreal Engine or look for less demanding alternatives to Unity... More and more errors and various shortcomings

17. EternalMe

EternalMe

Yes 2021.1.21f1 is screwed. Something really bad with Unity's QA :(

FaberVi likes this.
  18. AndrewCzarnietzki

AndrewCzarnietzki

Just tried to import a project to 2022.1.21, and getting the same:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.shadergraph@13.1.8\Editor\Generation\Targets\BuiltIn\Editor\ShaderGraph\Targets\BuiltInSubTarget.cs(33,28): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'BuiltInShaderGraphSaveContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.shadergraph@13.1.8\Editor\Generation\Targets\BuiltIn\Editor\ShaderGUI\BaseShaderGUI.cs(212,34): error CS0103: The name 'MaterialAccess' does not exist in the current context

Shadergraph package is 13.1.8, installed as dependency.

I tried wiping the library (including the package cache) so that everything reimports, no luck.

===

I can understand breaking changes with an upgrade, but when unity's own ShaderGraph package explodes on import... pretty big QA failure

andreiagmu likes this.
  19. FaberVi

FaberVi

It's not remotely admissible that NOBODY in Unity hasn't simply tried to create an empty URP project with the new version before publishing it for the whole world. it is nothing short of scandalous for such a large company (which among other things pushed on these blessed URPs from the very beginning). It's unacceptable.

20. EternalMe

EternalMe

U know I was working on a much smaller company. And when S*** landed in production, we sit the whole night, if it was necessary, to land a fix ASAP. There nobody seems to care much. I bet its: "Just go to archive and install previous". :D. An again, QA is just doing so bad job here.

AndrewCzarnietzki and FaberVi like this.
  21. sergiusz308

sergiusz308

The same here for existing HDRP project - just exploded everything (bunch of Unity packages code), after upgrading!

:triple_facepalm

Unity level of Quality at its finest!

22. sergiusz308

sergiusz308

Just downgraded to the prev version, which was working, deleting Library to refresh it all and...yep, total clusterf*ck:

upload_2022-10-31_11-36-32.png

Scene view not working, erros everywhere!

Who's gonna pay me for a wasted day?

FaberVi likes this.
  23. CameronDWills

CameronDWills

Same issues here

24. SniperED007

SniperED007

Pretty shocking that Unity haven't fixed this yet or even acknowledged that they working on a fix or at least remove the build from the Unity HUB.

Tomorrow is their Unite event and the latest version of Unity doesn't even work.

25. GKotlidas

GKotlidas

any news if something changed or it is still broken? unity 2022.1.21f1 is still on the hub and is now also on the download archive webpage.

26. sergiusz308

sergiusz308

Up to this moment, upgrading Unity version was a smooth experience - like: everything just worked.
    Now, this *21 thing... man, we're back to 90-ties where flashing bios and booting up windows in safe mode are way to get that running....

Thankfully I wasted only ONE day downgrading to *20 and making it all work again - hey, thanks Unity!

Edit: man, I just realized that we're even not talking alphas and betas here...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  27. SniperED007

SniperED007

Unity 2022.1.20f1 is such a mess at the moment.
    This window flickers horrible when trying to change it:
    upload_2022-11-1_11-34-53.png

Mouse cursor icon keeps getting stuck looking like it's trying to resize something.

Mesh Colliders wireframe don't always show in this case it should be showing:
    upload_2022-11-1_11-37-42.png

If I disable Mesh Renderer then for some reason it starts showing (this is just random, other mesh works fine with mesh renderer on or off)

upload_2022-11-1_11-37-25.png

Convex Mesh works with Mesh Renderer on:
    upload_2022-11-1_11-38-12.png

Every now and then this error shows:
    upload_2022-11-1_11-40-50.png

There is more stuff but only limited to 5 images on a post

Like is this just me or does anybody else have these issues too?

sergiusz308 and andreiagmu like this.
  28. FaberVi

FaberVi

Staying with the .20 is no solution. Considering that it is from 21f1 that they have added support for oculus quest pro ... Really speechless, and even more serious that no one from Unity comes to this topic to give us updates.

29. AndrewCzarnietzki

AndrewCzarnietzki

I would expect the answer is to wait for 0.22, but like... seriously. The radio silence is really frustrating too.

FaberVi likes this.
  30. CameronDWills

CameronDWills

31. unity_4tsblackcat

unity_4tsblackcat

Certainly needed, but how the hell did this get past QA?

32. DevDunk

DevDunk

I have no idea. Luckily it's not in LTS