Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity 2022.1.20f1 Development Builds take very long

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by oTaijjo, Nov 24, 2022 at 11:10 AM.

1. oTaijjo

oTaijjo

Hello,

we ran into trouble when making multiple platform standalone builds. Especially when making dev builds, the build takes a disproportionate amount of time or even runs out of memory.

Windows:
    Windows works well enough. For an initial build "Microsoft Incremental Linker" weirdly takes a lot of time. But when this is done the next builds, dev or non-dev, are almost done instantly.

Linux:
    On Linux a dev build takes several hours before eventually consuming all my system's memory (64GB). The builds get stuck in the "Incremental Player Build" stage, and a process called "Id.lld.exe" is piling up memory until the system eventually runs out and the build fails (see image). The same process spends the most time for non-dev builds, too, but at least non-dev builds succeed at some point.

Mac:
    My colleague reports a build taking hours on mac until it, too, runs out of memory, for both dev and non-dev builds. Unfortunately I don't have more information on this platform.

I'm using Unity 2022.1.20f1 and Visual Studio 2022.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    T

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022 at 12:03 PM
unityunity