Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2021 WebGL build fails with undefined symbol: _setupExternalInput

Discussion in 'Web' started by JoeStrout, Nov 7, 2021.

1. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I'm trying to upgrade my project (which builds successfully in Unity 2019 and 2020, though each with their own runtime bugs) in 2021. But it quickly fails with:

upload_2021-11-6_17-38-49.png

That first error is:
    None of that looks like anything in my project; I assume it is Unity internals. I tried having it build into a fresh folder (so there would be no old stuff from previous builds), but the problem still occurs.

A google search did not turn up anything about this error. Anybody have any ideas?

2. unityruba

unityruba

Unity Technologies

I don't recognize setupExternalInput, are you using any packages in your project?

3. Laaevin

Laaevin

I just started encountering this issue with one of my projects in Unity 2022.1.13f1 as well as in the previous version of Unity. Did you find a solution? Hours of trying uninstalling, reinstalling, googling, etc. have yielded nothing.

4. unityruba

unityruba

Unity Technologies

This one is hard to debug just from the information given. I will say that deleting the contents of the Library folder after upgrading is almost always a good thing to do because there are a lot of old artifacts that become obsolete between versions.

5. Slothtopia

Slothtopia

Also encountering the same issue, however instead of updating the same project from 2020->2021, I just created an entirely new project in 2021 and moved over scripts and assets. DLL's are getting mismatched. I tried deleting the bee folder since that's where the old artifacts reside, but it doesn't solve the issue. Anyone find a solution to this? Unity 2021.3.11