Search Unity

Question Unity 2021.3.6f Android Gradle template folder missing (build failed)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kami1380, Jul 9, 2022.

1. kami1380

kami1380

Hello

I installed unity 2021.3.6f with android build support (NDK and SKD) using unity hub.

Going into a project and attempting to build it on android platform , it crashes and I get this error :
    >FileNotFoundException: Failed to find $C:/ProgramFiles/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.6f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/Tools\GradleTemplates\mainTemplate.gradle

I looked up in the directory and I don't even have the /Tools folder inside /AndroidPlayer.
    Tried to reinstall unity and android module again but even after 2 times of reinstallation I still receive this weird error.

In unity Edit>Preferences>External-Tools>Gradle Installed With Unity is Ticked and marked to the /Tools folder which doesn't even exists

(there is also a warning below that saying I'm missing the recommended Gradle and I should install the recommended version using unity hub. but I already tried reinstalling everything)

I have used the unity android build before and it was always fine, perhaps this happens with the 2021.3.6f version that was released this week.

Can't find any solution to this anywhere, hope you can help.

2. iMobCoding

iMobCoding

3. kami1380

kami1380

4. foobooio

foobooio

Copying over folder as described in link worked for me too. Thanks.

5. unity_2jxHNVY36zr2mg

unity_2jxHNVY36zr2mg

Unity is a joke

Dr_Shtenzel likes this.
  6. therebeckles

therebeckles

it is a joke but i'm not laughing

LilGames likes this.