Search Unity

Unity 2021.3.2 3D(URP) Core Windows IL2CPP Builds errors

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Natoff, May 21, 2022.

1. Natoff

Natoff

I failed to build 3D (URP) Core with IL2CPP with

il2cpp.png

Error: IL2CPP error for method 'System.Single UnityEngine.Mathf::Max(System.Single,System.Single)' in C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Math/Mathf.cs:143

This is a new project. I only switch backend from mono to IL2CPP.

I can build the scene with Mono without any problem.

mono.png
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also I can build IL2CPP success with Unity 2020.3 and 2019.4

Please advise me how do I config to solve the problem.

Thank you

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Is it just extra crud?

Extra unwanted packages in new projects (collab, testing, rider and other junk):

https://forum.unity.com/threads/temp-unityengine-testrunner-dll-error.1133938/#post-7287748

About the fastest way I have found to make a project and avoid all this noise is to create the project, then as soon as you see the files appear, FORCE-STOP (hard-kill) Unity (with the Activity Manager or Task Manager), then go hand-edit the Packages/manifest.json file as outlined in the above post, then reopen Unity.

Sometimes the package system gets borked from all this unnecessary churn and requires the package cache to be cleared:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53145919/unity3d-package-cache-errors/69779122

Natoff likes this.
  3. Natoff

Natoff

Thank you for your advise.

However I found the issue came from windows region setting. After I switch from Thai to English (American), I can build IL2CPP without any error.

il2cpp.png

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

5. galnikkozmelj

galnikkozmelj

@Natoff i had same problem..its bug with memory or pointers idk... try to force quit unity and reopen .. this worked for me