Search Unity

Other "Unity 2021.3.19f1 is no longer available from the Hub." -- Can't add Modules to manual installation

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Second_Mango, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Second_Mango

Second_Mango

I have been having a lot of trouble getting everything installed. Most problems stem from the fact that my internet is metered and very slow.

After many failed downloads from the Hub (3.4.1) due to my internet connection, I was able to manually copy installation files from a different computer. I finally have a working installation of 2021.3.19f1. I have done some tutorials and got as far as uploading a WebGL MicroGame to the community.

Right now I want to be able to build for Android, but I can't use the Hub to download the module. First, Unity Hub was not showing me the Add Module button at all. I found this answer on Stack Overflow which explained how to 'trick' the Hub into thinking my Unity installation was done via the Hub by modifying editors.json.

Now when I choose to "Add modules" I receive the message "Unity 2021.3.19f1 is no longer available from the Hub. For a better experience, we recommend the latest LTS (Long-Term Support) version. You can find all Editor versions in the Installs Archive." (Screenshot attached)

My searches seem to say that I may be missing a "modules.json" and/or "manifest.ini" which should tell the Hub what modules are available? Is there any way to download or generate that information?

I think my only "supported" move is to reinstall Unity from the Hub, but again my Internet makes that a big issue, so I'm hoping there's a way to fix it manually.

Attached Files:

2. Second_Mango

Second_Mango

I haven't been able to get Unity Hub to let me download modules, but I did finally work around this issue by just manually installing all of the Android stuff.

3. realbenzzy

realbenzzy

How did you manually install all the "Android" stuff?