Search Unity

Unity Unity 2021.2 Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Qriva

Qriva

Bold of you to assume it will be fixed because it's easy to reproduce :D

2. spacepluk

spacepluk

Thanks! Maybe the fix depends on other changes but I applied the patches in that PR on 2021.2.3f1/12.1.1 and it didn't solve the soft shadow issue for me.

3. Serge_Billault

Serge_Billault

I want to take a moment here to congratulate those at Unity who take their job seriously and never let a boat load of bugs slip through their fingers into the releases, which is proof of their respect for the users. My special thanks and salutations goes to them. It is my understanding of the modern world that they will become more and more scarce as time fly by.

For the others, on the opposite far side of the spectrum, well, it's between them, their professional conscience, god and the cofee machine I guess...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021 at 2:15 AM
    Jaimi, EagleG and t-ley like this.
  4. DEEnvironment

DEEnvironment

5. Saturn1004

Saturn1004

I get 2 errors that cause the build to fail for Android (URP). I saw someone mention it for Webgl, also seems to happen on Android. I assume these are known?

Shader error in 'Hidden/Universal/CoreBlit': invalid subscript 'positionCS' at /Andromeda/AndromedaClient/Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@12.1.1/Runtime/Utilities/Blit.hlsl(92) (on gles)

Shader error in 'Hidden/kMotion/CameraMotionVectors': SV_VertexID semantic is not supported on GLES 2.0 at line 11 (on gles)

Weirdly it doesn't fail to build if you try again, so it's not a super huge deal. The bug fixers will have to restart unity (And maybe clear existing build files) before building to confirm it's actually fixed when working on it though.

Just another separate thing I noticed, it doesn't seem to be building with the desktop icon or splash image even though they are definitely set in the project settings and were working on 2021.1 (Android).

6. iceb_

iceb_

Currently building (tried both faster runtime and faster builds options) went from 7 minutes (not-first-time-builds) to 30-60 minutes now. Not much changed except for upgrading from 2020.3 to 2021.2.3f1

edit:
    Also just tested this in 2021.2.4f1, same problem.
    The shader compile isn't too bad AFTER the first time, but then It seems to be taking a long time when it is stripping each shader, such as Stripping Vertex Programs, Stripping Fragment programs etc.

unityunity