Search Unity

Bug Unity 2021.2.8f1 is not published on Unity China CDN

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by bitinn, Jan 15, 2022.

1. bitinn

bitinn

Hi,

I don't know if this is a human mistakes or intentional, but Unity 2021.2.8f1 (the global edition, as opposed to China-specific variant, which has
    c1
    suffix) is not on
    download.unitychina.cn
    , only available on
    download.unity3d.com

I discovered it when I wasn't able to download this version as usual: neither via Unity Hub (using this link
    unityhub://2021.2.8f1/d0e5f0a7b06a
    nor via Unity Download Assistant from Unity Archive.

I would like to know if this is a permanent change to come, or if people in China no longer have a choice between global and china variant?

(I have ways to get the global edition, but still, not having global edition on a local CDN means a lot of trouble for mainland devs. If this is a decision from business unit, I urge them to reconsider. It will surely backfire.)

Thx!

2. 17windy

17windy

The same problem, whether it's 2021.2.8 or 2020.3.26, is directed to the shanghai server, and then I guess there is only the weird C1 version on this server. This has been going on for several days.

3. ChangFaseR

ChangFaseR

I don't want to use the version with c1!!!

4. SolarianZ

SolarianZ

Of course it is intentional, otherwise it means Unity Global was lost control of Unity China.

We need official Unity installer but not China special Unity installer.
    Please respect the human rights of users, let users choice "f1" or "f1c1" themselves.

upload_2022-1-16_16-30-51.png

17windy likes this.