Search Unity

Official Unity 2021.1 Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Mar 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Download & Release Notes | Docs | Blog Announcement | Release Webpage

Unity 2021.1 is now available as the first Tech release of 2021 on the download page and in the Unity Hub.

Check out our blog post and webpage for a high level overview or the release notes for all the details about what’s included in this release and have a look at the upgrade guides to help you go from previous Unity releases to Unity 2021.1. For complex productions with a high number of dependencies, find out how our Success Plans can ensure the upgrade process goes smoothly.

Remember to back up your projects before opening them in a new version of Unity. If you encounter any issues, please let us know by submitting a bug report so it can reach our developers.

If you have any questions related to 2021.1, please feel free to ask them in this thread and we will do our best to follow up on them.

2. Daahrien

Daahrien

This is my kind of post. I never use LTS. I jump right away to the next major version :) Good job on the release of 2021.1. Has worked pretty nice to me this last week.

JohngUK and radiantboy like this.
  3. Magnesium

Magnesium

Where can we give feedback about the released versions? All i can find is the beta and experimental forum. Should i report the issues i have with the current 2021 official release there?

4. Daahrien

Daahrien

I guess you can do it anywhere, like: here :p

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Please share your feedback in the related sections of the forum. For example, for feedback about HDRP, please share it in the HDRP forum and use the Feedback or Feature Request prefixes.

If you're encountering issues, please submit bug reports for them.

6. vertexx

vertexx

Ha! Just noticed the posting date on this one! Very Funny :)

7. Daahrien

Daahrien

Lol, no. I wasn't joking. It is not April Fools' joke :p

8. marchall_box

marchall_box

When would Unity 2021 LTS be released? and would it include Apple Silicon Architecture support?

9. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

We expect to be able to release the 2021 LTS around Q2 of 2022. Please note that this is just an estimate. It will include native Apple silicon Editor support, which is available for 2021.2 as of today.

NotaNaN and newguy123 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.