Search Unity

Bug Unity 2021.1.9f1 constantly crashing now

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Fourtunehunters, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Fourtunehunters

Fourtunehunters

So recently Unity continuously crashes on me whenever I launch my project. It'll load okay, though it'll take a minute to load. After a few seconds it'll load up fine and I can move around and work in the editor as normal, but after waiting about 30 seconds, doing even nothing, it will crash the project. At first I thought it was just because I accidentally swapped my projects version from 2021 to 2020.3.11f1(LTS) and that screwed something up on the project, but I started up a completely new project for 2021.1.9f1 and it also just straight crashes. I'm gonna install the newest, Alpha, version of the editor and see if that helps fix things and update here if changing the editor can help. If not at least I'll know that it's something aside from just the editor version.

Update: Installed the 2021.2.0a17 Alpha version and that seems to be working fine so thankfully I'll just switch to that version. Hopefully someone can find out a reason for why the 1.9 was crashing

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  2. MarkPocock

MarkPocock

Same here! Though I intentionally upgraded my project from 2020.3.11f1 to 2021.1.11f1 to benefit from some of the recent fixes and now it crashes after a few mins of use, I did notice it quite often happened when I went to inspect an object with an events script attached but It could have just been a coincidence. I tried upgrading again to 2021.1.12f1 to see if that would improve it (thinking maybe it was a dodgy install) but the same behaviour occurs.

@Arcturus101 took your advice to update to 2021.2.0b1 is sound and every seem to now be working fine again so while I can't be sure what caused the crashes I would not recommend moving from 2020.3 to 2021.1 something is definitely not right there.

3. MarkPocock

MarkPocock

Update to this, I have now experienced the same behaviour in 2020.2.0b1 but I have identified the issue. I was using the plugin 'Reorderable Arrays in Inspector', it seems this is now built in and this plugin causes the editor to crash. For anyone else with the same issues if you have this or a similar plugin then you may want to start with removing it.