Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity 2021.1.9f1 breaks the Plastic SCM plugin

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Alverik, May 31, 2021.

1. Alverik

Alverik

Here to report updating to 2021.1.9f1 broke the current version of the Plastic SCM plugin (1.4.2). The "com.unity.collab-proxy@1.5.7" package seems to have a lot of duplicates of the files in the Plastic's plugin folder. Is the Plastic SCM plugin going to be integrated in the editor? If so, how do I use it? If I delete the Plastic SCM plugin folder in the Assets folder then the option in the Window menu just goes away entirely...

2. In case you don't check the other threads:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/the-collaborate-package-becomes-the-version-control-package.1118590/

Alverik likes this.
  3. marie-unity

marie-unity

Administrator

Hi @Alverik,

We apologize for this issue. I just wrote a forum post this morning regarding our plans to move the Asset Store Plugin to the Version Control package.

Plastic SCM for Unity in the Version Control package will not be compatible with the Unity Asset Store plugin. If you are currently using the Plastic SCM Asset Store plugin, you will need to uninstall v.1.5.7 of the Version Control package (com.unity.collab-proxy) to continue using the Asset Store plugin.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Alverik likes this.
  4. Alverik

Alverik

Cool, thanks. Can't wait for the Version control package to work with plastic properly. Will continue to use the asset store package in the meantime.