Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[unity 2021.1.0b11.2079] Bolt Doesn't Install Correctly

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by superarch09, Jan 2, 2022.

1. superarch09

superarch09

bolt, for some reason dose not install correctly. after installing bolt, no setup wizard appears as shown in this article, instead I get the errors:

Multiple precompiled assemblies with the same name YamlDotNet.dll included on the current platform. Only one assembly with the same name is allowed per platform. (C:/Users/Actua/OneDrive/Documents/all coding/Programs/unity/VR Social/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.visualscripting@1.5.1/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Dependencies/YamlDotNet/YamlDotNet.dll)

and

Multiple precompiled assemblies with the same name YamlDotNet.dll included on the current platform. Only one assembly with the same name is allowed per platform. (Assets/Ludiq/Assemblies/YamlDotNet.dll)

I wish to know how to install it and with a google search I can only find this which is a different error entirely.
    Thank you in advance

2. Trindenberg

Trindenberg

As it says in your error, you have Visual Scripting which comes built-in 2021.1+. It replaces Bolt

ericb_unity likes this.
  3. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

You should not install bolt in Unity 2021+. As Visual Scripting come now with Unity and Bolt is not supported in new versions.